Episode 10: Party Movie - December 6, 2009

Here you will find everything that has anything to do with our podcast. This includes topics of discussion on the show and polls that we'll frequently mention.
Eternalist wrote:
rbevanx wrote:Well in the UK, to qualify for film tax breaks, 25% of the film has to be made here. It's possibly the same thing with other countrrys. Thats possibly why the budget is so high, as they are filming in loads of different countries and they don't qualify for the tax breaks in the respected countrys, like other hollywood films. :geek:
Didn't know that.

But the choice of real locations over sets will definitely increase costs.
Well at the end of the day, paying the little bit extra will be worth it, as it will look and feel better than a set.But we are gonna have to wait till the movie comes out to see why so many locations were needed.
AlexHaas wrote:Just something to keep in mind: Calgary Sun was the (only) source of the $200 million figure. That number could've been in Canadian dollars.

$200 million Canadian dollars is $189 million US dollars.

http://www.nolanfans.com/2009/06/15/inc ... -revealed/
Yeah I took that into account in my head and it still seemed high. It appears they are not building as many sets as The Dark Knight, also not building a batmobile or batpod for the film.
The cast may have cost more as their main lead actor possibly cost them about 20 million (in the past he has cost that much I think), compared to Bale, who I think was 3-5 million for Batman.
At the end of the day, the fee hasn't really been confirmed by the studio and it may have been speculated like the British newspaper "The Sun"