The Nolan Fans Inception Sweepstakes

Nolan Fans forum announcements and news updates are posted here. Forum rules are also posted here. Using our message boards means you understand and accept all rules.
I don't quite understand the need for a round 2 on the sweepstakes. Why not just draw again from the same pool?

damm living in Australia
got the news after about 50 poeple entered :cry:
well still good luck to everybody

niniendowarrior wrote:I don't quite understand the need for a round 2 on the sweepstakes. Why not just draw again from the same pool?
People hear about contests and sweepstakes from various websites around the net and register for them blindly because they just want to win stuff. They don't care what it is. The longer the sweepstakes runs, the more this effect is amplified. We think this may have had something to do with the fact that 4 out of 10 of our winners failed to respond to our confirmation emails within 3 days.

In our previous sweepstakes pool, we had a incredible percentage of email addresses that (1) have never been used to post a comment on the front page and (2) aren't registered with a user here on the forums.

With this shorter sweepstakes and newer format, we're hoping that actual Nolan Fans users will win the prizes. :)

AlexHaas wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote:I don't quite understand the need for a round 2 on the sweepstakes. Why not just draw again from the same pool?
People hear about contests and sweepstakes from various websites around the net and register for them blindly because they just want to win stuff. They don't care what it is. The longer the sweepstakes runs, the more this effect is amplified. We think this may have had something to do with the fact that 4 out of 10 of our winners failed to respond to our confirmation emails within 3 days.

In our previous sweepstakes pool, we had a incredible percentage of email addresses that (1) have never been used to post a comment on the front page and (2) aren't registered with a user here on the forums.

With this shorter sweepstakes and newer format, we're hoping that actual Nolan Fans users will win the prizes. :)
well thats good :thumbup:

AlexHaas wrote:

I see. At first I thought a simple table join would weed out the guys who simply want to win, but then I realize that my own entry uses a different e-mail from the one I use here in the forum. So, I agree. :lol:

Hmm... wait a minute. Isn't this cheating? :lol:
http://www.nolanfans.com/2010/07/31/inc ... /#comments
#98 AlexHaas
on July 31, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Enter me to win! I’m a guy!

niniendowarrior wrote: I see. At first I thought a simple table join would weed out the guys who simply want to win, but then I realize that my own entry uses a different e-mail from the one I use here in the forum. So, I agree. :lol:
Well, we didn't exactly state that in the rules, so I didn't want to go against that.
niniendowarrior wrote: Hmm... wait a minute. Isn't this cheating? :lol:
Hey! Why can't I win? I want Inception stuff. :(
It would be rather odd if I did win. lol

niniendowarrior wrote: #98 AlexHaas
on July 31, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Enter me to win! I’m a guy!
lol :lol:
good luck :thumbup:

Oh, wow. 130 comments. If only we got that many on actual news postings.

chee wrote:Oh, wow. 130 comments. If only we got that many on actual news postings.
we can dream
or can we.... :shifty:

wow round 2, I'm in