the Minotaur and the Maze(labarynth)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
On firstshowing there's a post by somebody whcih says that not only does Ellen Page's character name reference the myth but JGL's and Murphy's characters also relate to the minotaur and the maze....JGL's is some archaelogist that found a city holding the labarynth, while Murphy's is somebody who is responsible for its structure

Not sure if this was covered yet. When I get home I'll copy the entire post.

The motif of the labyrinth myth is obviously going to have a strong impact on the story. If there is a "minotaur" I suspect it may be Ken Watanabe's character.

If it seems clear that Ariadne refers to the Minotaur Myth, I just noticed that Eames is the name of two famous architects, and that the wikipedia disambiguation page for "Cobb" lists three architects with that name. Since I was not looking for architects at all, that seemed to me strange. But maybe it's just a coincidence, and then Cobb could just be another name for Jacob

Ellen Page character Ariadne is a reference to the Minotaur myth (Ariadne, the daughter of Minos, fell in love with Theseus and helped him navigate the labyrinth)

- Joseph Gordon Levitt character Arthur is a reference to Sir Arthur John Evans (archaeologist most famous for unearthing the palace of Knossos also known as Labyrinth)

- Cillian Murphy character Fischer is a reference to Adrian Fisher (Adrian Fisher is internationally recognised as one of the world’s leading maze designers of all time and he had a maze design company called “Minotaur Designs”)

talli wrote:Ellen Page character Ariadne is a reference to the Minotaur myth (Ariadne, the daughter of Minos, fell in love with Theseus and helped him navigate the labyrinth)

- Joseph Gordon Levitt character Arthur is a reference to Sir Arthur John Evans (archaeologist most famous for unearthing the palace of Knossos also known as Labyrinth)

- Cillian Murphy character Fischer is a reference to Adrian Fisher (Adrian Fisher is internationally recognised as one of the world’s leading maze designers of all time and he had a maze design company called “Minotaur Designs”)
i posted this on the main page couple a days ago maybe the person saw what i posted. anyway these theroy seems like its close to what the movie is about cause the names all involved the labyrinth

I see that Nolan's been doing quite a bit of research. :D