TDKR Academy Awards Predictions

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Everyone knows I've been critical of TDKR, but I am positive, and I repeat POSITIVE, that this film will get nominated for Best Picture. There was far too much backlash for them snubbing TDK, so they changed the format. Now, their hands are tied behind their back, and as a sign of respect of the trilogy, the Academy almost has to nominate this film for Best Picture, or lose what little credibility that they have remaining.

Skyab23 wrote:Everyone knows I've been critical of TDKR, but I am positive, and I repeat POSITIVE, that this film will get nominated for Best Picture. There was far too much backlash for them snubbing TDK, so they changed the format. Now, their hands are tied behind their back, and as a sign of respect of the trilogy, the Academy almost has to nominate this film for Best Picture, or lose what little credibility that they have remaining.

This whats going to Happen...
Academy Member #1: Okay we 9 nominations and we have space for one more...
Academy Member #2: What about The Dark Knight Rises, i mean after the blacklash for us subbing TDK and we responded by expanding the Nominations from 5 to 10, the audience expect us to nominate TDKR as a sign to respect for both Nolan and Trilogy.
Academy Member #1: We could do that, but nahhhhhh i dont think so.
Academy Member #2: But..
Academy Member #1: Hey we snubbed the last Potter film im pretty we can handle the backlash. So in the mean time either we only nominate 9 films or are there any recently movies with Nazis in it
And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig

Replace 'Nazis' with '9/11' and you get last year's Oscars regarding Harry Potter.

no chances in the important categories..

Christopher Nolan wrote:no chances in the important categories..
Don't worry Chris, we got to stay positive! :twothumbsup:
And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig

brickarts295 wrote:
Christopher Nolan wrote:no chances in the important categories..
Don't worry Chris, we got to stay positive! :twothumbsup:
Ah ha...

Christian Bale deserves an Oscar for this performance. As does Michael Caine. Tom Hardy deserves to be nominated, Michael Caine deserves to WIN. But Christian does, definitely. His best performance as Bruce Wayne was in this movie, like it or not (And I fucking loved it). And, obviously, Chris Nolan deserves Best Director but that's a given for every movie he does. But if The Dark Knight, The Prestige, Memento, and Inception can't win Best Picture or Best Director then... I really don't see why this one would. Very unfortunate, though. It truly deserves it. It is the Best Picture since INCEPTION!

I think much of this revolves around how the DGA act.

Surely, if Nolan snags another DGA nomination, he cannot be denied a Best Director nomination at the Oscars. And frankly that's the only thing I really care about him getting, if "care" is the applicable term.

I've seen enough evidence to prove that this film isn't idiot-proof enough to be a chance with BP.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

An Honorary Award will be presented to Omar Mustafa for his performance as "Falafel Stand Vendor" in Batman Begins.

In his acceptance speech, Mustafa will finally explain if his last name is Mustafa or Mostafa.

Prediction? A standing ovation.

Then he tries to kiss Haile Berry and she knocks him out with one punch.

ArmandFancypants wrote:I think much of this revolves around how the DGA act.

Surely, if Nolan snags another DGA nomination, he cannot be denied a Best Director nomination at the Oscars. And frankly that's the only thing I really care about him getting, if "care" is the applicable term.

I've seen enough evidence to prove that this film isn't idiot-proof enough to be a chance with BP.
Hasn't he been denied 4 times now with getting DGA nominations that don't carry over to the Oscars? Such a shame.