i dont have the cinematic vernacular to explain

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
how great the trailer is

the way the scene's are shot, is so original, i don't know what it is, but it has a strong distinction from every other american film. there's something were new and "noew" about the effect of the shots.

I've been hearing outstanding things about it. I'm still going to wait to see the english version, hopefully I can hold out :)

Eternalist wrote:I've been hearing outstanding things about it. I'm still going to wait to see the english version, hopefully I can hold out :)
Same here.

Yeah the trailer looks great. What's particularly good about the trailer is that it doesn't reveal anything about the plot. That's what trailers are supposed to be. But these days I think the trailers reveal too much. :?
I also love the look (cinematography) of the film. It has a dark and noir feel to it. I would have loved a little more dialogue (it looks very evident from the French version that there is very little dialogue) but in the end I am very satisfied. Looking forward to the English trailer.

GamingFreak wrote:Yeah the trailer looks great. What's particularly good about the trailer is that it doesn't reveal anything about the plot. That's what trailers are supposed to be. But these days I think the trailers reveal too much. :?
I also love the look (cinematography) of the film. It has a dark and noir feel to it. I would have loved a little more dialogue (it looks very evident from the French version that there is very little dialogue) but in the end I am very satisfied. Looking forward to the English trailer.
I don't mind secrecy to certain plot details (like the ending, for example), but I just want to know more about the general story in a nutshell, minus any spoilers the trailer might have. Know what I mean? Either way, can't wait till Monday!

talli wrote:how great the trailer is

the way the scene's are shot, is so original, i don't know what it is, but it has a strong distinction from every other american film. there's something were new and "noew" about the effect of the shots.
Um, no. This movie looks great, however their is nothing special about how it was shot. In terms of cinematography it's just the same as any other Hollywood movie. Stop giving it more credit then it deserves just because it's Christopher Nolan. The movie looks damn good, but it's not the second coming.

guys..could we really use one thread for the dicussion about the trailer? it's getting confusing..

Christopher Nolan wrote:guys..could we really use one thread for the dicussion about the trailer? it's getting confusing..
Agreed!

The only part that looks amazing is the end shot where water implodes in. It's nothing new or unique, we've seen it before in TDK and The Prestige.

CrazyEight wrote:
talli wrote:how great the trailer is

Um, no. This movie looks great, however their is nothing special about how it was shot. In terms of cinematography it's just the same as any other Hollywood movie. Stop giving it more credit then it deserves just because it's Christopher Nolan. The movie looks damn good, but it's not the second coming.
Hey, this is a Christopher Nolan fansite, what did you expect? :D

I wouldn't say the movie was shot in an original way, but still I would say its visuals and cinematography is really cool. I think the way Wally Pfister and Chris Nolan work together is truly characteristic and distinguishable.