Inception Review Discussion (240 total)

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
Adam Quigley from Slashfilm
Saw Inception. This image still summarizes how I feel right now. http://imgur.com/rZ041.jpg 9 minutes ago via web

as i said, it needs to be big hit at the box office. 700-800 million in the end.

Just returned from the movie
neo78956 said :

I find it interesting in all of these reviews that no one is comparing it to Dante's Inferno (the poem that is, not the awful video game). Somehow, given the idea of the different levels of the subconscious and how in each one, time and other things are perceived differently than the rest, that always reminded me of Dante's Inferno and the journey through the different levels of Hell, each one representing a different sin and allowing Dante to reflect on his own life and on himself.
You are so ON target.

For 2.5 hours you think you are watching this story about Dom Cobb and his ace extractors, and then on the way to your car it hits you = it is your story = the story of humanity= we are each the architects of our reality
Last edited by Madilyn on July 13th, 2010, 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

apw
The reactions from the nation wide screenings are good.

Don't think this has been posted yet, but this is the power of word-of-mouth. It's only Tuesday, and Inception is already a top trending Twitter topic:

Madilyn wrote:Just returned from the movie
neo78956 said :

I find it interesting in all of these reviews that no one is comparing it to Dante's Inferno (the poem that is, not the awful video game). Somehow, given the idea of the different levels of the subconscious and how in each one, time and other things are perceived differently than the rest, that always reminded me of Dante's Inferno and the journey through the different levels of Hell, each one representing a different sin and allowing Dante to reflect on his own life and on himself.
You are so ON target.

For 2.5 hours you think you are watching this story about Dom Cobb and his ace extractors, and then on the way to your car it hits you = it is your story = the story of humanity=we ARE the architects of our personal reality.

I'm so glad I'm receiving such positive feedback on my comments on the board. You'd think writing a college thesis for my degree in film on Christopher Nolan and then getting an A on it would instill some confidence in my assessments of his films, but, I digress, I often think I'm talking out of my ass on a lot of things. Especially considering how I'm on drink number 4 of the evening right now. :lol: :think:

neo78956 wrote: I'm so glad I'm receiving such positive feedback on my comments on the board. You'd think writing a college thesis for my degree in film on Christopher Nolan and then getting an A on it would instill some confidence in my assessments of his films, but, I digress, I often think I'm talking out of my ass on a lot of things. Especially considering how I'm on drink number 4 of the evening right now. :lol: :think:
your comments are spot on. :thumbup:

Christopher Nolan wrote:
neo78956 wrote: I'm so glad I'm receiving such positive feedback on my comments on the board. You'd think writing a college thesis for my degree in film on Christopher Nolan and then getting an A on it would instill some confidence in my assessments of his films, but, I digress, I often think I'm talking out of my ass on a lot of things. Especially considering how I'm on drink number 4 of the evening right now. :lol: :think:
your comments are spot on. :thumbup:
Coming from Christopher Nolan himself, that's the best compliment of them all! :mrgreen: Ooof I am getting a bit buzzed here. Need to watch Mad Men and go to bed before I start saying really crazy stuff. :roll:

In all seriousness though, I tend to keep to myself on message boards, despite being very talkative in the real world. So I try to make sure when I do say something, it's worth saying.
Last edited by neo78956 on July 13th, 2010, 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.