Paprika's inception

This 2010 contemporary sci-fi actioner follows a subconscious security team around the globe and into the intimate and infinite world of dreams.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw72EyG2z7s

this actually makes a good case for the influence, because you can see a lot of similar dream ideas..guy running down a hallway with shaky gravity...floating...see for yourself

Nolan wrote the script 10 years ago. That movie is 4 years old.

he cant prove it or do you think he will have pic of the script 10 years ago to prove it...?

Does Nolan even watch anime?

redfirebird2008 wrote:Nolan wrote the script 10 years ago. That movie is 4 years old.
Paprika is based on a novel from the 90s.
But anyway, I doubt Inception will be anything like Paprika other than the fact that both involve a technology that allows you to enter someone's dreams.

I just finished reading the Making of Memento and in it the question was brought up as to whether Nolan was influenced by previous reverse chronology stories of the past (Including the Seinfeld episode, a book, and some play). Nolan said he wasn't even aware of them and that if he were he probably wouldn't have structured Memento that way. He said he doesn't pay much attention to other works when working on scripts. There may be distinct similarities, but I doubt he has ever read the novel or watched the film.

theweatherman wrote:I just finished reading the Making of Memento and in it the question was brought up as to whether Nolan was influenced by previous reverse chronology stories of the past (Including the Seinfeld episode, a book, and some play). Nolan said he wasn't even aware of them and that if he were he probably wouldn't have structured Memento that way. He said he doesn't pay much attention to other works when working on scripts. There may be distinct similarities, but I doubt he has ever read the novel or watched the film.
There have been many non linear films in the past, Memento was not the first, and he never claimed it was the first. Just look at Tarantino's body of work...

You'll notice I said specifically reverse chronology. As in it went backwards. I may have misunderstood the quote a bit (the book isn't that well written), but it definitely sounded like he wouldn't have done had he heard of the other mediums that already used it. It didn't make much sense to me, which is why I think I may have misunderstood it.

Christopher Nolan wrote:he cant prove it or do you think he will have pic of the script 10 years ago to prove it...?

He mentioned that he originally pitched the movie to Warner Brothers after doing Insomnia. That was 2002. Now here's a question. Why would he lie about that story?

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Christopher Nolan wrote:he cant prove it or do you think he will have pic of the script 10 years ago to prove it...?

He mentioned that he originally pitched the movie to Warner Brothers after doing Insomnia. That was 2002. Now here's a question. Why would he lie about that story?
Exactly! Why lie? Plus he has said it over and over again. If he were lying then someone would have gone to the media and they would have said that he was lying. Knowing that he is now a big name director, he can't really lie due to that risk.