Foreign Films

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
If you guys like animated movies besides pixar's watch this:
Persepolis
Vals im Bashir
or any Hayao Miyazaki.
All great forein films

I loved Persepolis! As for the rest of the films you have listed natalie, I have yet to see those.

akv1984 wrote:I loved Persepolis! As for the rest of the films you have listed natalie, I have yet to see those.
Vals im Bashir is a very shocking movie, and Miyazaki is just so beautifully imaginative.
My favorites: Spirited away and Howl's moving castle

Spirited Away I have seen. Really good movie!

Yea, try to watch it in the original language.

Spirited Away and Howls Moving Castle are two of the best animated films ever.

I checked out The Rules of the Game, it's a 1930's French film by Jean Renoir.

if you liked the depertaed, you should check out infernal affairs...

Erik wrote:Ah, alright.

In that case; these are my favorites:
Germany: Das Leben Der Anderen (The Lives Of Others), Good Bye Lenin!, Das Experiment (The Experiment)...
I'm surprised you didn't mention Der Untergang (Downfall), it's a brilliant film with fantastic actors in it. German actors are incredibly good (as we could see that in Inglourious Basterds).

DHOPW42 wrote:
Erik wrote:Ah, alright.

In that case; these are my favorites:
Germany: Das Leben Der Anderen (The Lives Of Others), Good Bye Lenin!, Das Experiment (The Experiment)...
I'm surprised you didn't mention Der Untergang (Downfall), it's a brilliant film with fantastic actors in it. German actors are incredibly good (as we could see that in Inglourious Basterds).
It's because I did not like Der Untergang. The movie is like a record of what happened, while in my opinion it needed some better story telling. The director basically told you the following; "Okay, this is what happened. Cheers!". I don't really like this kind of 'reconstructions', which is also why I did not like Zodiac (that was basically made the same way).
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.