Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:Considering her character had zero depth and her presence was 100% performance and is quickly becoming the standout villain of the film next to the one played by the allstar actor with actual 'depth', it's outstandingly impressive.

I'd agree, as I noted in my review.

-Vader
Shannon sinks.

Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Considering her character had zero depth and her presence was 100% performance and is quickly becoming the standout villain of the film next to the one played by the allstar actor with actual 'depth', it's outstandingly impressive.

I'd agree, as I noted in my review.

-Vader
Shannon sinks.
I thought he was great.

I'm glad audience are digging the movie.
Looking forward to this. 5 days to go!!!

The same thing happened to the Hobbit
There was so much expectation and the critics panned it (it is 65% on RT)
But the audience on RT liked it at 84% and it is in 8.3 on IMDB

I feel the same thing will happen here

m4st4 wrote:She'll be Parker Posey of MOS, for me:

m4st4 wrote:
m4st4 wrote:She'll be Parker Posey of MOS, for me:
She reminded me of Famke Janssen in Goldeneye, without all the sexual torture/murder.

Sry for the late review guys terrible storms here last night stopped the Internet from working, I'm on a phone now so I'll just post my quick thoughts an give a more detailed review in the near future:

Quick thoughts: First off, everyone wants to know is this movie great and is it one of the best super hero films. The answer is no, it is neither. The film isn't fluid whatsoever and moments that are supposed to bring levity and weight aren't as effective as they should be because of the editing, pacing and amateurish direction from Snyder. With that being said, it still is an ok film that has its moments. It looks great and has a great score. The cast did a fine job with Costner and Crowe bringing the film the most emotional punch, it being little coincidence that they are the father figures of the film. Overall, it's an ok film that under a more seasoned director could have been approached in a much more sensible manner, and could have turned out for the better, I'll always wonder why Snyder was chosen for a film of this magnitude with so much at stake for the franchise.
Last edited by Skyab23 on June 14th, 2013, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

An Audience RT % in the low 80's is thoroughly unimpressive. Lost of mediocre movies end up with that, and for a movie like this its sort of the bottom of the barrel. A CinemaScore below a B or a RT user score in the 70's would signify a total disaster for a tentpole superhero film like MoS. Stop grasping. It a sign of desperation.

Anyway, the movie will likely make a ton of money, and will probably satisfy every boy under the age of 15 - they will make it a classic, regardless of the various issues with the movie. Despite all my misgivings, im still planning to see this tomorrow, as are tens of millions of other people. Sequel virtually guaranteed.

And despite the announcement that Snyder would return for the sequel, that is DEFINITELY subject to change. Same with Goyer.
Last edited by Joeyjojo72 on June 14th, 2013, 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cilogy wrote:
Christopher Nolan wrote:it's goyer's and snyder's fault. not my fault. just gave some ideas.
bro, where have you been?
busy..very busy.

Skyab23 wrote:Sry for the late review guys terrible storms here last night stopped the Internet from working, I'm on a phone now so I'll just post my quick thoughts an give a more detailed review in the near future:

Quick thoughts: First off, everyone wants to know is this movie great and is it one of the best super hero films. The answer is no, it is neither. The film isn't fluid whatsoever and moments that are supposed to bring levity and weight aren't as effective as they should be because of the editing, pacing and amateurish direction from Snyder. With that being said, it still is an ok film that has its moments. It looks great and has a great score. The cast did a fine job with Costner and Crowe giving bringing the film the most emotional punch, it being little coincidence that they are the father figures of the film. Overall, it's an ok film that under a more seasoned director could have been approached in a much more sensible manner, and could have turned out for the better, I'll always wonder why Snyder was chosen for a film of this magnitude with so much at stake for the franchise.
Saw it last night and completely agree with you.