Favorite TV Shows

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I just started watching leverage its kinda cool because it deals with a heist theme its basically preparing me for inception it was cool hearing the theft talk
Like the mark

I actually forgot to put Battlestar Galactica, is one of my all time favorites.
:D

CrazyEight wrote:I don't believe we have had a thread like this before, but it's possible.

What are your top 10 favorite TV shows of all time? This can include any type of TV show (Drama, Comedy, Reality, etc...)

1.) Dexter (Lindsay, Manos Jr., Hall)

2.) Justified (Yost, Olyphant)

3.) The Mentalist (Heller, Baker)

4.) Chuck (Schwartz, Levi)

5.) Monk (Breckman, Shalhoub)

6.) Arrested Development (Hurwitz, Bateman)

7.) House (Shore, Laurie)

8.) Lie to Me (Baum, Roth)

9.) Moonlight (Koslow, O'Loughlin)

10.) Psych (Franks, Roday)

Honorable Mentions: Community, The Office, John Doe, The Ultimate Fighter, South Park, Lost, Family Guy, The Big Bang Theory, White Collar, Kyle XY, Glee

As I watch more shows, my list will change. It will be VERY difficult for anything to knock "Dexter" from the top spot though. Everything else is pretty replaceable. I'm only 9 episodes into "Lost", so it may move up to the top 10 if I continue to like it.

The Wire
Battlestar Galactica
Deadwood
Chuck
The Shield

Ok, so a "Lost" update. The second season (I'm a little over half way through it) really goes back and forth. I'll like one episode, and hate the next. It's not as solid and consistent as the first season. My issues with it so far are:

1.) Michelle Rodriguez pisses me off. Even move so then she did in "Avatar". She just bugs the hell out of me.
2.) Charlie has always been a little creepy, but this baby "stealing" stuff is crazy.
3.) John Locke has always been my favorite character! But the last few episodes he's been a real prick.
4.) The "every other episode is good" thing.
5.) People always seeing shit (hallucinations or whatever you want to call them) every episode is getting old.

The good of season 2 (so far...)

1.) Mr. Echo is awesome.
2.) The characters are developing more.
3.)
Shannon is dead.
4.) The secret about the "others" is finally out.

So, overall I'm enjoying the show. But, I can't really see why people are saying its one of the best shows ever (at least not yet). To "Lost" fans, will it get better, or does the second season kind of set the "tone" for the rest of the series?

CrazyEight wrote:Ok, so a "Lost" update. The second season (I'm a little over half way through it) really goes back and forth. I'll like one episode, and hate the next. It's not as solid and consistent as the first season. My issues with it so far are:

1.) Michelle Rodriguez pisses me off. Even move so then she did in "Avatar". She just bugs the hell out of me.
2.) Charlie has always been a little creepy, but this baby "stealing" stuff is crazy.
3.) John Locke has always been my favorite character! But the last few episodes he's been a real prick.
4.) The "every other episode is good" thing.
5.) People always seeing crap (hallucinations or whatever you want to call them) every episode is getting old.

The good of season 2 (so far...)

1.) Mr. Echo is awesome.
2.) The characters are developing more.
3.)
Shannon is dead.
4.) The secret about the "others" is finally out.

So, overall I'm enjoying the show. But, I can't really see why people are saying its one of the best shows ever (at least not yet). To "Lost" fans, will it get better, or does the second season kind of set the "tone" for the rest of the series?
Hmm, that's hard to answer. But here's a few tips/ things to know

- Stay patient during the early stages of S3. The season finale of S3 is amazing, along with several eps before that. Basically the first 6 eps are regarded as meh, the rest all continously get better most of the time (with some exceptions)
- Don't be surprised when you reach S6 and you start hating it (or you might like it). And the final reveal in the final episode..........not that great.
- S5 is jarring if you think about it in the context of the series. Very science-fictionish but don't lose your head over it.

i forgot to name justified...

- Stay patient during the early stages of S3. The season finale of S3 is amazing, along with several eps before that. Basically the first 6 eps are regarded as meh, the rest all continously get better most of the time (with some exceptions)
- Don't be surprised when you reach S6 and you start hating it (or you might like it). And the final reveal in the final episode..........not that great.
- S5 is jarring if you think about it in the context of the series. Very science-fictionish but don't lose your head over it.
I finished the second season, and I'm two episodes into the third as of today.

I thought the last few episodes of season two were pretty good, except that the color grading took a dip down. The entire show has beautiful, contrasty greens and blues, but the last few episodes didn't. Maybe they were pushed and couldn't color grade as much as usual, I dunno.

The first two episodes (Season 3) are pretty slow and boring, but I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. Ben Linus is pretty cool, for now. :)

1. Lost (the most enjoyable and original and entertaining show I have ever watched)
2. Dexter (I'm so excited to see the next season since the finale was :shock: :shock: :shock: )
3. The Sopranos (this is the best show ever made as far as execution and character development and story but it was dull at times)
4. The X Files (creepy and very intelligent one of the classics)
5. Seinfeld/Friends (fun times)

I'm watching right now The Wire and I think after I'll finish it... it will be in the first 5 definitely :ugeek:

My favorites,
1-Dexter
2-Breaking Bad
3-Nip/Tuck
4-Lost
5-Weeds
6-its always sunny in philadelphia.

So the last few episodes of Lost season 3 were great. The rest of the season was pretty "meh" to down right horrible. So far I've watched the first 2 episodes of season 4, and they are probably the worst episodes of the entire series. Hope season 4 isn't complete crap.