Star Wars The Complete Saga on Blu-Ray

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Crazy Eight wrote:Bose markets themselves as the best, but the speakers they use inside their pretty looking products are weak cone tweeters, and Bose won't even release the specifications of said tweeters. Bose's products are of course better than those cheap flimsy $400 home theater in a box systems that Sony/Panasonic release at Best Buy, but they're also double the price. Bose simply can't compete with even the lower end Klipsch, PSB, JBL, Sunfire, B&W, and Paradigm speakers. Essentially, as a rule of thumb, if you're even semi-serious about audio, cone tweeters shouldn't be a discussion for your home theater... you should be deciding between domes and horns... which are much bigger and more capable of producing realer, more natural, and louder sound than any cone tweeter. There's more brands than the one's I listed of course... but those are the top ones that come to mind.
Thanks a lot, dude. :thumbup:

Baconboy wrote:
schrutey69 wrote:I'm pretty sure the original star wars movie was made for a standalone pic, not a franchise.
You know how i know? Simple: the opening credits say: Star Wars. (NOT episode IV)
Also Luke And Leia are love interests, so they didn't plan the sequels till the movie was a big hit.
Lucas had written 9 "episodes," so the sequels were planned. The reason it was named Star Wars, was because that it they called it Ep. IV, people would be confused.

He claims he has written 9 episodes but i'm very sure that wasn't the plan from the very beginning

The thing is pretty much every other change made to Star Wars was superficial, but this is the first time it actually makes the movie worse, not just for nostalgic fans but on a technical level. I honestly don't give a fuck if he want's to CGI eyelids onto ewoks, that damage has been done. But adding "NOOOOOO" to the end of ROTJ is ridiculous. Everything was already conveyed by the music and Vader's movements. Adding him saying he doesn't want this to go on just dumbs the scene down. The scene that happens to be the climax of the final film.

I was hoping Ashton Kutcher would show up at the end of that clip.

My childhood is now raped.

Baconboy wrote:My childhood is now raped.
You're still a child.

solo2001 wrote:
Baconboy wrote:My childhood is now raped.
You're still a child.
This, is why he's on my foe list.

Baconboy wrote:
solo2001 wrote: You're still a child.
This, is why he's on my foe list.
What's the point of me being on your foe list if you read and respond to my comments?

I bet he insulted me. ;)

Not sure whether to laugh or facepalm, baconboy. You're reaching another level of retardation.

To get back on topic: http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2011/09/geor ... eservi.php

Excerpt from his 1988 speech.
The destruction of our film heritage, which is the focus of concern today, is only the tip of the iceberg. American law does not protect our painters, sculptors, recording artists, authors, or filmmakers from having their lifework distorted, and their reputation ruined. If something is not done now to clearly state the moral rights of artists, current and future technologies will alter, mutilate, and destroy for future generations the subtle human truths and highest human feeling that talented individuals within our society have created.

A copyright is held in trust by its owner until it ultimately reverts to public domain. American works of art belong to the American public; they are part of our cultural history.
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society. The preservation of our cultural heritage may not seem to be as politically sensitive an issue as "when life begins" or "when it should be appropriately terminated," but it is important because it goes to the heart of what sets mankind apart. Creative expression is at the core of our humanness. Art is a distinctly human endeavor. We must have respect for it if we are to have any respect for the human race.