Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
January 24th, 2024, 11:47 pm
And apparently, Oppie will be re-released in China starting March 1st.
Universal's doing an amazing job with this film honestly. I don't know how many times I have said this.

eescorpius wrote:
January 25th, 2024, 12:23 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
Universal's doing an amazing job with this film honestly. I don't know how many times I have said this.
They want to keep Chris, and they are nailing it if you ask me.

And WB is trying to get him back. I truly hope he sticks with Universal. They were just as good and even better from start to finish.

I finally got to see an IMAX exclusive thanks to them actually doing a much better job at distribution worldwide.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
January 25th, 2024, 8:09 pm
eescorpius wrote:
January 25th, 2024, 12:23 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
They want to keep Chris, and they are nailing it if you ask me.
I agree! Do you all think that, if anything, maybe Nolan will bring Universal to work with WB on some project? Like what happened with Interstellar when he brought WB to work with Paramount. In this case, WB would be Paramount though and Universal his new partner in crime which after doing all they have done on such a risky movie like Oppenheimer, I think they should be given the chance going forward. :P

Unless I'm wrong but right now that's what I remember reading on some interview of his a long time ago.

Tarssauce wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 5:08 am
And WB is trying to get him back. I truly hope he sticks with Universal. They were just as good and even better from start to finish.

I finally got to see an IMAX exclusive thanks to them actually doing a much better job at distribution worldwide.
Completely agree!

Tarssauce wrote:
January 26th, 2024, 5:08 am

Do you mean the Prologue?

That's actually the question, did they only distribute the Prologue because they are a different studio or because it was shorter? Getting the Prologues early is something quite rare...the only ones I ever got were the IMAX exlusive Prologue for Top Gun Maverick and the one for Napoleon and if you want to count it the IMAX version of the bike jump scene in Mission Impossible 7 last year (I know this was also released for marketing but it was a different version with a different score).

I was told that all Nolan trailers in the past were always encrypted when they were handed out. And the continued that trend for the countdown Trailer A for Oppenheimer as well which was mostly encrypted besides the IMAX sources. The other trailers however were not encrypted and the IMAX exclusive was also released later as regular trailer...so I get the feeling that we were able to get it on BluRay in the full aspect ratio was probably the high demand and less the studio.

For Warner, let's see how the Dune 2 Sandworm prologue is getting distributed. I can only imagine that it's tied to re-runs of Dune 1.

I honestly don't even care for a collaboration between WB and Universal. After seeing how Universal works, everything just seems so organized and prepared. WB's all over the place, especially if you see how they deal with their other movies, not just Nolan's movies.

lunar_rover wrote:
January 27th, 2024, 11:52 am

Do you mean the Prologue?

That's actually the question, did they only distribute the Prologue because they are a different studio or because it was shorter? Getting the Prologues early is something quite rare...the only ones I ever got were the IMAX exlusive Prologue for Top Gun Maverick and the one for Napoleon and if you want to count it the IMAX version of the bike jump scene in Mission Impossible 7 last year (I know this was also released for marketing but it was a different version with a different score).

I was told that all Nolan trailers in the past were always encrypted when they were handed out. And the continued that trend for the countdown Trailer A for Oppenheimer as well which was mostly encrypted besides the IMAX sources. The other trailers however were not encrypted and the IMAX exclusive was also released later as regular trailer...so I get the feeling that we were able to get it on BluRay in the full aspect ratio was probably the high demand and less the studio.

For Warner, let's see how the Dune 2 Sandworm prologue is getting distributed. I can only imagine that it's tied to re-runs of Dune 1.
I don't know how much the length of the prologue played a role for Universal but WB was terrible when it came to trailer distribution and IMAX exclusives. Now this might be because of the local distributor they're working with but it shows their lack of care or effort into getting things out on an international level.

I got to see the M:I jump featurette on IMAX and it wasn't short. I'm almost certain I got to see some exclusives from Universal before in IMAX. So other studios got it figured out.

I don't think demand has much to do with it. There has been so much demand for all of the recent prologues but they were never released. Dunkirk and Tenet specifically.
Must have been a Nolan/IMAX decision to keep them theatrically exclusive.

Since Dune part one isn't going to re-released here anyway, I think it's safe to say it'll be domestic only. At least that's my guess.

So, the Senate Aide had a name?

Also is this a new trailer for the re-release?

So…

Sam Mendes is making four films about each Beetles band member!
Supposed to have an innovative and groundbreaking release strategy.

The jokes write themselves y’all! :lol: