Box Office

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Nolan has progressively lost box office prowess and cultural relevance over the last 10 years. This movie is going to make less money than Tenet.

great numbers although i guess at this point i can kinda affirm that it’s not hitting $1B as some have hoped (it doesn’t need to; that’s just an observation i have based on its trajectory so far). it will probably have a chance at that if universal decides to rerelease for award season though, plus the potential couple of millions from japan (contrary to what people might think i’m pretty sure they like nolan and will watch the film if only out of curiosity).

Damn so close yet so far. I don't think an IMAX re-release during awards season will be enough. The good news is that it will technically gross $1b with the digital/home release.

Still its goddamn insane that we're even taking about this moviie trying to reach $1b. Earlier this year we were wondering if it might even do Dunkirk numbers :facepalm:

The fact that +$900M is guaranteed and is going to become the highest grossing biopic of all time is phenomenal.

Do we actually know if the film will be released in Japan? Otherwise, I found this pretty interesting:

Oku
Oppen-nine-hundred-million doesn't quite roll off the tongue

So it is now the highest grossing biographical movie of all-time.