Box Office

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Starting to fall behind Inception's daily numbers...oh well, the dream is collapsing...

radewart wrote:
August 12th, 2023, 11:57 am
Starting to fall behind Inception's daily numbers...oh well, the dream is collapsing...
I noticed that as well. Inception is what I’ve been really comparing it to the most this whole run thus far - not necessarily the dollar numbers themselves, but the percentage drops day to day. I still think Oppenheimer’s run has been crazy impressive all things considered. I still have a feeling it’ll barely top Inception by the end of everything.

sanford wrote:
August 12th, 2023, 1:10 pm
radewart wrote:
I noticed that as well. Inception is what I’ve been really comparing it to the most this whole run thus far - not necessarily the dollar numbers themselves, but the percentage drops day to day. I still think Oppenheimer’s run has been crazy impressive all things considered. I still have a feeling it’ll barely top Inception by the end of everything.
I was joking a bit...though Inception did have some great late week legs that Oppenheimer with its 3-hour runtime just won't be able to likely replicate, but Oppenheimer has already built a 30 million plus lead on Inception at the same time.

radewart wrote:
August 12th, 2023, 1:40 pm
sanford wrote:
August 12th, 2023, 1:10 pm
radewart wrote:
I was joking a bit...though Inception did have some great late week legs that Oppenheimer with its 3-hour runtime just won't be able to likely replicate, but Oppenheimer has already built a 30 million plus lead on Inception at the same time.
I think one thing that is going to work in its favor is it seems like every new release has been flopping lately. If Oppenheimer stays in theaters longer than expected as a result it could continue to impress box office wise.

Its gonna make more than the latest Batman :lol: :lol:

Fuck WB :thumbup:

Last edited by natalie on August 13th, 2023, 1:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Oppy has a pretty solid chance to reach $800M worldwide excluding Italy/China/South Korea. Curious to see how much those 3 markets will add to the total.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
August 13th, 2023, 10:50 am
Oppy has a pretty solid chance to reach $800M worldwide excluding Italy/China/South Korea. Curious to see how much those 3 markets will add to the total.
Most certainly. That would require a 37% weekly drop average over the 100-day theatrical run. Very within reach.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
August 13th, 2023, 10:50 am
If thats gonna put us ahead again... the president needs to know :lol: