Trailer #2

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
KEM
I love the way the tone of the trailer shifts at the end, so awesome. This trailer is incredible!!

Watch it before it gets taken down

DHOPW42 wrote:
May 5th, 2023, 2:59 am
I think the "we have to build the bomb to beat the Nazis" and "to end the war" aspects are pretty important in the book - for hundreds of pages these are the well-articulated, specific reasons these people are racing againts the clock to build the bomb. And then there's their growing disillusion and disappointment in the fact that their atomic bomb project, and the reasons behind it, become murkier as the years advance. The government's insistence on dropping the bomb on Japan confuses many scientists, as many thought they were building it to defeat Germany. Then, there's the fact that Oppenheimer is one - if not the most prominent - scientist who were in long talks with military experts on the specifics of the bombing, and how it should be carried out, etc. I wonder if all these conflicting sides of the man's history and personality will end up on the screen.
All very good points, of course. I just wanted to distinguish between, say, the original motivation of "we have to win this race against the Nazis" and the actuality that there never really was a race to begin with, which the Manhattan Project scientists slowly began realizing and became disillusioned by, as you said. I very much hope that Nolan's able to show as much as possible, to show just how complicated and seemingly contradictory Oppenheimer was, but there's really only so much you can do in a three hour film about fairly complex subject matter.

can anyone PM me the link to the new Trailer?
thx :gonf: