Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
neb4ever wrote:
October 23rd, 2022, 1:41 pm
Dunkirk had one single public test screening on the WB lot. Obviously it was advertised as an 'untitled action thriller film" etc.
Oh, really? I couldn't find anything about it online before I asked my question the other day.

You might be confusing a batman director with Martin Scorsese.

From an interview with Donna Langley:

In landing Christopher Nolan, who previously had a development deal at Warner Bros. for years, did you call on any of the top-flight directors that work a lot at your studio — Spielberg, Jordan Peele, M. Night Shyamalan — to speak to him and his producing partner wife Emma Thomas on Universal's behalf?

[Laughs.] What I can say about Chris and Emma is that they are smart enough and seasoned enough to do their own homework and make their own decisions. I didn't do that, no.

Is there any aspect you would want to brag about in getting Nolan to come on with Universal?

No. [Laughs.] The only thing I'll say is we've had a longstanding acquaintance and I made it very clear for a very long period of time that we would love to make a movie with them and be their marketing and distribution partners. And I think the timing probably felt just right for this to be the opportunity to do that.

Currently, his movie "Oppenheimer" is slated the same day as Warner Bros.' "Barbie," July 21, 2023. Your marketing department has started a countdown clock to the movie opening, so I'm assuming you have no plans of moving from that date, right?

We like our current date.
https://www.businessinsider.com/univers ... us-2022-10

El Especial wrote:
November 5th, 2022, 6:02 pm
I would have loved to have been sitting at the table next to them.

USA Today usually previews the following year of cinema before December ends.

But if we're really getting a new trailer until then, I'll be surprised if they don't release some new stills soon.

Listen to Namor’s Throne by Ludwig G.
There’s a particular sound in there thats in the Oppenheimer trailer. When it’s showing shots of the fire from the bomb