Marriage Story (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 1:19 pm
Artemis, I responded to you several times without a gif.
idk man. everyone just remembers that one time.

I would also love Netflix to have quality over quantity...but I'd also like the same from Paramount, WB, Sony...

yes Nomis, more 4K HDR stuff all the way ;). Mindhunter S2 is much stronger in that area than S1.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 1:24 pm
I would also love Netflix to have quality over quantity...but I'd also like the same from Paramount, WB, Sony...

yes Nomis, more 4K HDR stuff all the way ;). Mindhunter S2 is much stronger in that area than S1.

-Vader
Yep, unfortunately we don’t live in a film utopia. But like I said there’s good and bad when it comes to Netflix. There’s way too much original content on here I enjoy/admire to complain too much. We should talk about this movie though lol.

The different perspectives in the trailers remind me of The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby and I just remembered I've never finished the trilogy.

As for Netflix it was a smart thing to do to throw money at the wall and see what sticks. They were the first ones to see the streaming wars coming and they needed as much content as possible when inevitably they'll lose the rights to the more popular IP not belonging to them.

However, now is the time to be more responsible with their money and more picky with their content. And that's exactly what the reports are saying they're going to do. They most likely will be more careful with new original content and only green light sequels to their most popular and buzzed about projects.

I'm sure this means we'll get more of Bright but maybe, if people are really interested we'll also get more projects from Scorsese or Fincher or whomever. I mean they might not be as watchable as the heavily marketed Bright or Bird Box but they must be more popular than shit like I Am Mother, Sextuplets or whatever the fuck.
Last edited by LelekPL on August 20th, 2019, 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TBH a quick look at wikipedia does tell me that the output for the studios Vader listed is significantly less than Netflix's output.

Obviously there is good and bad with everything but everyone is keeping a close eye on Netflix since it is an industry disrupter and those often get more scrutiny.

As for this film, I'm excited to see it and will definitely support it in theaters if it plays in a theater near me. I'm assuming it's a divorce film where there isn't a clear reason for the divorce (Baumbach and Leigh filed for divorce due to irreconcilable differences) and I guess for me particularly that hits hard for me a lot.

Vader182 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 1:24 pm

-Vader
Oh for sure, the production value and cinematography is next level.

I'm just surprised to see films like Fury (can't wait to see what this looks like since so few analog shot film/series are on 4K on netflix) and The Amazing Spider-Man (like ???? one of the more dull looking CBMs iirc) to be on Netflix in 4K and truly great like Blade Runner 2049 but not the first Blade Runner? like, why there literally is a 4K remaster from that film (which I luckily have seen in theaters a couple of years back) but why not in 4K on Netflix? What is stopping them.

I just don't know how this type of selecting works

one of the biggest questions: will The King be on Netflix in 4K/HDR? fingers crossed bitches

LelekPL wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 1:33 pm
The different perspectives in the trailers remind me of The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby and I just remembered I've never finished the trilogy.

As for Netflix it was a smart thing to do to throw money at the wall and see what sticks. They were the first ones to see the streaming wars coming and they needed as much content as possible when inevitably they'll lose the rights to the more popular IP not belonging to them.

However, now is the time to be more responsible with their money and more picky with their content. And that's exactly what the reports are saying they're going to do. They most likely will be more careful with new original content and only green light sequels to their most popular and buzzed about projects.

I'm sure this means we'll get more of Bright but maybe, if people are really interested we'll also get more projects from Scorsese or Fincher or whomever. I mean they might not be as watchable as the heavily marketed Bright or Bird Box but they must be more popular than shit like I Am Mother, Sextuplets or whatever the fuck.
Agreed with all of this. I'm pretty excited to see what they have in store in the future tbh since the reports are saying they do want to be more picky.

As I said, they are a disrupter so all eyes will be on them and every move they make will be analyzed.

Ace wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:29 am

Niiiiiiiiiiice