Hideo Kojima Official Thread

A place to discuss music and video games.
Cover art isn't terrible to me. And the character concept of Heartman is too damn cool

Bacon wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 1:54 am
Cover art isn't terrible to me. And the character concept of Heartman is too damn cool
This was just perfect but I guess Sony thought game is already alienating to mainstream public as fuck.

I like the cover art too.

-Vader

Ace wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 7:36 am
lmao

m4st4 wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 7:45 am
Trash cover art is trash.
Total trash. You can't tell what the game is about at all. It's just a close-up of a poorly rendered model of Norman Reedus that will age like all those Playstation 2 covers. They may as well have just taken an actual picture of Norman in a rain coat.

Geoffrey wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 5:45 pm
You can't tell what the game is about at all.
Please enlighten us on what this game is about, and while you're at it, take a look at all the other Metal Gear covers and explain how their badly-aged Playstation 2 covers tell what the game is about.

Good grief, this guy is unbearable.

Bacon wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 6:22 pm
Geoffrey wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 5:45 pm
Total trash. You can't tell what the game is about at all. It's just a close-up of a poorly rendered model of Norman Reedus that will age like all those Playstation 2 covers. They may as well have just taken an actual picture of Norman in a rain coat.
Please enlighten us on what this game is about, and while you're at it, take a look at all the other Metal Gear covers and explain how their badly-aged Playstation 2 covers tell what the game is about.

Good grief, this guy is unbearable.
Why would I need to enlighten you about what the game is about? Let's say, for the sake of argument, that it was totally unknown. ...And? What's your point? The marketing, particularly a late-revealed cover that will serve to entice buyers that don't already know about the game, should capture the essence of the product or hook the viewer. Good cover art and posters do that, from Grand Theft Auto to Inception. You refer to Playstation 2 covers of Metal Gear Solid as though they help your case—they don't. They are not " just a close-up of a poorly rendered model", they are actual art. I wasn't referring to all Playstation 2 covers. I was referring to covers such as those of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex or The Bouncer. Learn to read.

Also, no right-minded person cares to hear your painfully obvious feelings towards me, especially when they are directly contained in your responses. I could inject some equally meaningless filler about how you're intolerable and suffer from an exorbitantly low level of intelligence, but why would I? It accomplishes nothing. Learn to have a conversation.

LMAO. Anyways, I can’t wait for this shit. Been saving my GameStop gift card all summer long for it.

Kojima's top movies this year:
1 Parasite
2 Border
Seems like Death Stranding is taking all of his free time.