HBO's Game of Thrones

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
Has anyone seen The Last Watch yet?

I think it's a missed opportunity. All those inside the episode and the game revealed handled the making of much better imo.

2 hours of costume fittings and producer this and location that. I guess if you’re into that, you’ll enjoy the doc. But I wanted more than 2 minutes of quick cuts (for that table read that I was hyped to see). Or just Kit’s farewell on set. I wanted something more like the Breaking Bad doc, where there was insight into the characters, filming scenes with directors who are helping the actors get INTO character. Let’s see every major actor say good bye (I mean, we KNOW they filmed it). At the very least release the table reads on the blu ray series box set or some shit. It was boring tbh. Still no inside the episode for the most important episode.

Well the thing is, we got quite a lot of that with the game revealed episodes... I wish it was more of that and especially more of the makers themselves and more of the cast and crew. Of course, like I said, we got that already but I hoped this would focus a lot on the final episode. Since there were no inside the episode/game revealed of that episode.

It's fun seeing everything that goes with costume fittings and all but in the end it was very much for that one extra. It's fun, but not what I expected of this making of.

shauner111 wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 6:22 pm
I wanted something more like the Breaking Bad doc, where there was insight into the characters, filming scenes with directors who are helping the actors get INTO character.
Where can I find that BB doc?!

I just like to think Inside the Episode 806 was cancelled because Benioff or Weiss said something in the vein of Well Dany...kinda forgot about the Iron Fleet and Euron's forces

It became such a popular meme that I think maybe some random line from one of them could have started another polemic and HBO wanted to protect them lol

Conspiracy theory of the day, but it just feels weird they didn't make one for the final one

Or, like most series finales, they wanted radio silence afterwards so the finale could stand on its own?

-Vader

yeah it's probably that^

Pioneerr wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 10:16 am
shauner111 wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 6:22 pm
I wanted something more like the Breaking Bad doc, where there was insight into the characters, filming scenes with directors who are helping the actors get INTO character.
Where can I find that BB doc?!
It’s a part of the blue ray box set for the series. Can’t find it online, but I’m sure it’s around somewhere. Feel like watching it again.

Allstar wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 6:50 pm
This is what toxic fandom can do to people:
Kit Harington checked into luxury rehab for stress and alcohol
https://pagesix.com/2019/05/28/kit-hari ... d-alcohol/
wait what the fuck, seriously? Poor guy. Toxic fandom is almost absolutely part of the reason why, but it’s probably also a combination of possibly feeling void/depressed after something you’d given almost a decade to has ended. Also a mix of things we may never find out about. I wish him all the best. Props to him for going public with his issues, it takes courage.

Toxic hardcore fandoms absolutely deserve to be called out and have their asses put on a blast. They don’t own these properties, stories or characters, they’re literally entitled to nothing.