Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 10:02 am
Best part is Brian Cogman saying the episode is a love letter to the characters because he loves them so much.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 11:23 am
Happy to see that Tyrion's stupid actions is actually a plot point in the story. He's definitely the one character that suffers the most from the lack of new GRRM books, but at least his newfound foolishness is adressed.
I have a theory as to why that might be the case.
Tyrion has:
- not really been much good in terms of military strategy (he's much more suited to court intrigue of which there is fairly little at this stage)
- not been entirely the same since he murdered Tywin
- been out of his element in Meereen where his lack of experience made things worse
- been fooled by Cersei because she knew how important Casterly Rock would be for Tyrion but she does not care enough about it to defend it properly
- not known about Euron and the Iron fleet well enough in advance to avoid the defeat of Dany's Dornish allies

He's essentially refused to move forward with his life so when everyone else catches up to him (Jaime learned from his defeat at the Whispering Wood for instance, Sansa had to become smarter out of necessity), Tyrion seems just generally less smart whilst thinking he's smarter than others. He is constantly put into situations where he either does not know the circumstances well enough to be the most effective or unforeseen elements throw a wrench into his plans. It also does not help that deep down (at least on the show) he wants Cersei to not hate him and wants to believe that she's a human being with feelings who would, out of self-interest, decide to do the right thing...except that Cersei has no idea what she's doing most of the time even when not screwing other people over would benefit her and at best is totally indifferent to any other person's needs and concerns.

The writing and structure for this season is incredibly bizarre. I don’t even know how to put my finger on it

ChristNolan wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 5:00 pm
The writing and structure for this season is incredibly bizarre. I don’t even know how to put my finger on it
1 movie split into 6 parts? We're essentially watching the ending of a 70-hour long movie. I appreciate the melancholy the show indulges in at this point. Does not mean you get lots of violence or shocking twists but you spend time with the characters you appreciate and who made it this far and see them discover who they really are at this point. Not action-packed or exciting in an adventurous kind of way but poignant.

I also don't know what people are expecting from 6 episodes in terms of plot: there are no more machinations to plan out, no more schemes to hatch. The first scene of the first episode of the show let us know what was important and what was going to be the distraction. The backstabbing was always going to be an obstacle to overcome for the characters to come together. While the backstabbing can be interesting it is not something I would want the characters to engage in at this point.

Don’t criticize GOT in front of Batfan, he’s getting restless.

I found Dany's reaction to Jon (or Aegon) telling her about his claim to the throne... Interersting.

m4st4 wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 5:50 pm
Nah, I just like talking/writing about the show.

Anyway, tune in next week when it's everyone you love vs Craster's kids.

Batfan175 wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 5:59 pm
m4st4 wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 5:50 pm
Nah, I just like talking/writing about the show.

Anyway, tune in next week when it's everyone you love vs Craster's kids.
Lyanna Mormont is going to beat the shit out of these kids.

User of Interest wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 5:52 pm
I found Dany's reaction to Jon (or Aegon) telling her about his claim to the throne... Interersting.
Mad Queen incoming.