Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Artemis wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 6:45 pm
I've been using Redken Frizz Dismiss sulfate free shampoo and conditioner for the past 4 months and I love it. My hair always feels really soft and never gets tangled anymore like it used to. I also don't get split ends anymore and i haven't had my hair trimmed since like August. Check it out for sure.
I’ve been looking into Shea Moisture’s stuff, but I’ll check this out. I have this weird hair type where they’re straight, but get frizzy as fuck (as much as straight hair can get frizzy.. lol) to the point where conditioners/oils don’t help much, and I can’t be bothered to do more styling, because I’m completely inept at doing hair. They’re not completely dry, not insanely oily either, but can get weighed down by products pretty fast. Which is why I’ve always been wary of approaching smoothing hair products. I guess I have porous hair? Just ugh

Ruth wrote:
January 6th, 2019, 2:35 pm
Artemis wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 6:45 pm
I've been using Redken Frizz Dismiss sulfate free shampoo and conditioner for the past 4 months and I love it. My hair always feels really soft and never gets tangled anymore like it used to. I also don't get split ends anymore and i haven't had my hair trimmed since like August. Check it out for sure.
I’ve been looking into Shea Moisture’s stuff, but I’ll check this out. I have this weird hair type where they’re straight, but get frizzy as fuck (as much as straight hair can get frizzy.. lol) to the point where conditioners/oils don’t help much, and I can’t be bothered to do more styling, because I’m completely inept at doing hair. They’re not completely dry, not insanely oily either, but can get weighed down by products pretty fast. Which is why I’ve always been wary of approaching smoothing hair products. I guess I have porous hair? Just ugh
My hair is pretty wavy once I brush it out. When it dries naturally I get some nice curls.

But my hair is a frizzy mess and Houston is pretty humid so that makes it worse. The only styling I really do with my hair is using mousse or straightening it. I have pretty thick hair so anything else would add like an extra hour when it comes to getting ready.

Let me know if you try this shampoo and conditioner. I really like the effect it has had on my hair so hopefully you'll like it too!

So I just went through like 20 pages of Awards season thread and the thing that stood out the most was this:
Vader182 wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 8:01 pm
like did I think The Reader deserved a best picture nomination? no i did not, but I didn't act like it was a personal affront for nominating a well received holocaust movie
-Vader
With 63% on RT by all critics, 55% by top critics and 58 on Meta, I don't think I can call The Reader well received with a straight face. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The read the book The Reader was based on and watched the movie.

easily 4-5 hours of my life I will never get back.

Artemis wrote:
December 23rd, 2018, 11:00 am
Makeup brands have the worst customer service honestly.

So on November 2nd, I placed an order with this indie brand for makeup brush cleaners. The site says processing will take up to 5-10 days and then it will be shipped within 3 days.

I wait during that timeline. I don't get a shipping confirmation email at all. I email them and then i get one. After a week passes, I notice there is no movement on my package. I realize that the label was created but my package was not sent. So I email them again. No response. No movement on my package. So I file a dispute with my credit card.

My package came a week later after I filed the dispute. I couldn't close the dispute because my credit card hadn't opened the investigation yet.

So the investigation opened last week. I got my temporary refund. The company I ordered from sent me a really rude email saying that I was committing fraud and that I filed the dispute because I needed more money for the holidays.

I straight up tell them it should not take over a month to send my package and that too after I sent them two emails asking where my product is. I also told them that I talked to the credit card company and they closed the dispute.

Yesterday they send me an invoice for $50. For the cost of the package and the chargeback fee since my credit card company has not given them the money back.

I told them that it takes over 72 hours for the changes to be reflected. Still have not gotten a response from them yet.

I'm never buying from them again and quite frankly, they are being very unprofessional. How are they in business if they don't know how credit cards work?
Update: I closed the dispute and my credit card handled the rest. Then today I get an email saying that they will report me for fraud for not paying the $50 invoice.

Bitch, you got your money and the chargeback fee was refunded. Who the fuck does this person think they are?

I also called my credit card company today to make sure everything was sorted out. They have no case against me and they're really trying to take more money out of me. SMH.

Anyone following the Saudi Arabian girl’s story? An 18 year old, afraid of her family for having denounced Islam (apostasy is punishable by death there, let that sink in), attempted to run away from home via Kuweit to Australia, yet got stuck in Bangkok due to a layover. She got fooled into giving up her passport, then barricaded in an airport hotel room, and turned to Twitter to bring light to the whole situation, begging for a Western country to take her in. I think her family’s already followed her to Thailand, and it’s a whole clusterfuck of unknown, as it’s not even confirmed Australia will accept her as a refugee, and no other Western country stood up. A Saudi official said that instead of confiscating her passport, they should’ve taken away her phone, because “Twitter changed everything”. I think this is literally one of those instances when we, instead of calling Twitter cancer, can say it actually saved someone’s life, at least as of now

......are we sure we aren’t way past our collective expiration date as humanity

Ruth wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 1:41 pm
Anyone following the Saudi Arabian girl’s story? An 18 year old, afraid of her family for having denounced Islam (apostasy is punishable by death there, let that sink in), attempted to run away from home via Kuweit to Australia, yet got stuck in Bangkok due to a layover. She got fooled into giving up her passport, then barricaded in an airport hotel room, and turned to Twitter to bring light to the whole situation, begging for a Western country to take her in. I think her family’s already followed her to Thailand, and it’s a whole clusterfuck of unknown, as it’s not even confirmed Australia will accept her as a refugee, and no other Western country stood up. A Saudi official said that instead of confiscating her passport, they should’ve taken away her phone, because “Twitter changed everything”. I think this is literally one of those instances when we, instead of calling Twitter cancer, can say it actually saved someone’s life, at least as of now

Point being, we have a history of questionable behaviour and most of it tightly connected to religion. 🕷

m4st4 wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 3:19 pm

Point being, we have a history of questionable behaviour and most of it tightly connected to religion. 🕷
Yeah, but you’d expect in 2019 most countries in the world to have already moved on from middle ages style executions and laws, which, unfortunately, doesn’t seem to be the case here. Women are actually living out the Handmaid’s tale type of lives there when it comes to having any shred of independency. Can’t imagine what life is like for other minorities there. This girl is going to die, if no one steps in to help. Her cousin (?) responded to her tweets saying she’d be slaughtered. Fortunately, Australia.. seems to be taking the steps that indicate she’ll most likely be granted asylum there.

This isn’t the first time stuff like this has happened. A young saudi woman attempted to flee the country in 2017, but was actually forcibly returned back soon afterwards. The very last witness accounts were seeing her being confronted by her male family members and her screaming. She was never heard from again.

Ruth wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 1:41 pm

My wesre are so incredulous towards this news story.

just realized you get a check mark beside your name when you're online

so whenever i look at my name i have three cheks

based