Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
this week isn’t even half over yet and i’m so emotionally wrecked. i just watched apocalypse now yesterday (Yeah.... lmfao) and now just came back from A Star is Born and I just don’t know what to do with myself

Ruth wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 3:13 pm
this week isn’t even half over yet and i’m so emotionally wrecked. i just watched apocalypse now yesterday (Yeah.... lmfao) and now just came back from A Star is Born and I just don’t know what to do with myself
I saw someone on Twitter compare A Star is Born to Blue Valentine and IDK if I'm prepared for that honestly.

Artemis wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Ruth wrote:
I saw someone on Twitter compare A Star is Born to Blue Valentine and IDK if I'm prepared for that honestly.
i haven’t seen blue valentine in years, but yeah, i can see it.

i knew how it was gonna go story-wise, but i almost didn’t even feel the ‘gravity’ of their relationship for a portion of the film, and the end just kinda fucked me. almost started crying 3 times

well no, ok, i did cry

Ruth wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 3:25 pm
Artemis wrote:
Ruth wrote:

i knew how it was gonna go story-wise, but i almost didn’t even feel the ‘gravity’ of their relationship for a portion of the film, and the end just kinda fucked me. almost started crying 3 times

well no, ok, i did cry
Okay no spoilers but will I feel the way I felt at the end of Call Me By Your Name or will I feel worse?

Artemis wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 3:28 pm
Ruth wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 3:25 pm
Artemis wrote:

well no, ok, i did cry
Okay no spoilers but will I feel the way I felt at the end of Call Me By Your Name or will I feel worse?
so i need to marinate this film longer inside my brain to be able to compare, but tbh i kinda feel worse after this lol. Dunno about you.

Ruth wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 3:30 pm
so i need to marinate this film longer inside my brain to be able to compare, but tbh i kinda feel worse after this lol. Dunno about you.
okay so go watch this makeup free. got it.

Artemis wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 3:36 pm
Ruth wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 3:30 pm
okay so go watch this makeup free. got it.
saw this at a “special” screening and they were handing out bioderma water samples for everybody to try. can you see the irony lol

ChristNolan wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 1:31 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
man, these next couple months are stacked with films in a way i don't remember the last few years being

seeing A Star is Born tomorrow, First Man next week - then, Mid-90s, Suspiria, The Favorite, The Other Side of the Wind, Widows, If Beale Street Could talk, and Roma

and those are just the ones i'm excited about. mostly, i think it has to do with the lack of standard Oscar fare this year even during the Oscar season
lol I’ve only heard of two of those
that seems like a personal problem

Okay might have to spend like $900 on cavity fillings.

Go to the dentist on the regular folks.

oof that's 10 times more than in mumbai