Joker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Numbers wrote:
July 10th, 2018, 11:51 pm
m4st4 wrote:
July 10th, 2018, 11:28 pm
No excitement and I’ll just wait and see whenever this happens.
Aren't you at least curious?
They have my curiosity... but still need to capture my attention. :P

If Warner Bros truly embraces their supposed new plan with DCEU: less shared universe movies, more good movies and standalones with DC characters, I’ll bite. The only way to move forward is to actually start delivering so we’ll see what happens... with Aquaman,WW1984, Birds of Prey and now this.

Just gimme good movies and I’ll be back expecting better things from WB.

Batfan, ever heard of a pull list? It’s an American thing but not completely strange to the rest of the world. What you just said has no impact on what I said in Deadpool 2 thread. More competition is always a good thing, whether I choose this or that particular comic is the problem of these big cb houses (ahem, movie studios), I’m the consumer. The more I can choose from, the better. And I don’t loose a dime. Well, sometimes a couple but that’s nothing compared to sheer variety of choice that I can potentially get.

A word of advice: if you want to start believing in superheroes again, read Invincible (Image comics, creator owned comics) by Robert Kirkman and Ryan Ottley, the entire run. Thank me later. Amazon is doing a ten episode (adult) animated series and movie is in the works.

Causal reminder to everyone: Todd Phillips is the director.

Allstar wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 12:49 am
I don't think we should be reminding anyone about this anything regarding film

Allstar wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 12:49 am
War Dogs and Starsky and Hutch, that was solid for me, but yeah definitely not the best possible choice that would eliminate any sort of doubt along with Phoenix.

Artemis wrote:
July 10th, 2018, 9:10 pm
They can barely get the main universe right and now they want to do these side universes and shit.
:judge:

I just like to see Phoenix do more weird shit, so I'm fine.

I'm conflicted on this film. I really want it to happen. Buuuuut I think it's mostly because I want all their next films to have as little to do with their shitty universe as possible. Because I really shouldn't be excited for this - the premise sounds kind of terrible. An origin story for Joker? That's just not right.

Then again it has Phoenix and War Dogs was pretty good... so who knows how it'll end up.

My only question is how method will Phoenix go with the role.

BlairCo wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 2:53 am
Well for starters, I don’t think he’s going to be sending his cast mates any used condoms or dead pigs that’s for sure.

Thedarknight628 wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 3:23 am
BlairCo wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 2:53 am
Well for starters, I don’t think he’s going to be sending his cast mates any used condoms or dead pigs that’s for sure.
That was awesome though!!! So method!!!!