Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Nolan62 wrote:
January 20th, 2018, 7:30 pm
Do you know where I can find the full behind the scene video which was released like a month ago ? It was a compilation of the bonus on the blu-ray if I remember.
The one that was uploaded to YouTube is now down.

The whole thing is 14.8 GB large. I can upload it somewhere and hope they don't take it down (I won't risk doing it on YouTube), but boy that would take a very, very long time to upload. My home Internet speed is 12Mbps, and that's just for downloading. Uploading is a whole 'nother animal.

EDIT: Well, I tried to compress the file as much as I could without a perceivably massive loss of quality (check this A|B blind test), so I got it down to 11.6GB. I'll be uploading it to one of my Google Drive accounts that has enough storage space to handle it.

If you PM me your e-mail, you should get it by the time you wake up Monday morning. But you will have to download such a large file. I'm putting it in an MP4 container, so hopefully your device you plan to watch it on can play that file type.

Now at #215 on IMDb. If nothing else this at least proves that people in there, didn't all rate Interstellar so highly out of fanboyism. They genuinely adored that movie.£

Master Virgo wrote:
January 21st, 2018, 6:24 pm
Now at #215 on IMDb. If nothing else this at least proves that people in there, didn't all rate Interstellar so highly out of fanboyism. They genuinely adored that movie.£
This!

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
January 20th, 2018, 11:16 pm
If you PM me your e-mail, you should get it by the time you wake up Monday morning. But you will have to download such a large file. I'm putting it in an MP4 container, so hopefully your device you plan to watch it on can play that file type.
UPDATE: Well, somewhere along the way the "connection was lost" so the upload failed; yet another 25 hours to retry the same thing.

I think I'll have to upload it in separate chunks instead. Not sure how I want to go about this yet, but doing the whole thing as one file now seems plenty improbable. Maybe my work Internet speed is fast enough that it can upload it in the time frame that I'm there without a hitch.

Regardless, don't expect to wake up tomorrow and see an e-mail in your lap to download it lol.

Christopher Nolan on casting Harry Styles, In Nolan We Trust and masking Tom Hardy & Cillian Murphy
(also a whole lot about Heath Ledger)

Nolan62 wrote:
January 20th, 2018, 7:30 pm
Do you know where I can find the full behind the scene video which was released like a month ago ? It was a compilation of the bonus on the blu-ray if I remember.
Okay, my workplace uploaded it in less than an hour. Go ahead and PM me your e-mail and I will share the file with you. It is an 11.6GB download.

EDIT: Actually, I think I can just give you a share link. Here you go.
Last edited by MuffinMcFluffin on January 23rd, 2018, 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nolan seems to become more and more lighthearted and open as time goes on, at least from what I've seen. He used to be extremely secluded. You'd rarely see him having a laugh like this.

LeoCobb wrote:
January 21st, 2018, 6:50 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
January 21st, 2018, 6:24 pm
This!
Yeah I’m kind of glad it’s rating isn’t as high, so people would shut up about that