Number of posts per page

Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.
apw
Is there any way to increase the number of posts per page?

It's only 10 per page at the moment which is very low, especially as the threads are getting longer and longer.

Most boards use 10 per page. But personally I think 20 per page is a good number.

I am pretty sure it was 20 per page before, but they changed it to ten, I am not sure why.

Yeah, 20 per page sounds good

Yea, it is kind of short. I think they did it that why so pages would load quicker?

20 per page would be good.

Two things.

1) Yes, as chee said, one of the main reasons is the concern for the page loading time. Google likes to rank faster websites higher in their results. Ten posts load 100% faster than twenty.

2) It helps keep our page impressions high. This allows us to earn more money from the ads placed in the footer area. With the amount of ever increasing traffic Nolan Fans receives, the hosting costs are always a big issue. If we increased the post per page count from ten to twenty, it would essentially cut our impression count and ad revenue in half.

To help in organizing the immense amount of posts that are being made on the Inception board all the time, our moderation staff is working harder and harder to keep everything, thread titles, discussions, etc. more coherent, so that browsing the board seems nothing like a chore.

AlexHaas wrote:Two things.

1) Yes, as chee said, one of the main reasons is the concern for the page loading time. Google likes to rank faster websites higher in their results. Ten posts load 100% faster than twenty.

2) It helps keep our page impressions high. This allows us to earn more money from the ads placed in the footer area. With the amount of ever increasing traffic Nolan Fans receives, the hosting costs are always a big issue. If we increased the post per page count from ten to twenty, it would essentially cut our impression count and ad revenue in half.

To help in organizing the immense amount of posts that are being made on the Inception board all the time, our moderation staff is working harder and harder to keep everything, thread titles, discussions, etc. more coherent, so that browsing the board seems nothing like a chore.
Very valid points. :thumbup:

hey aLL =) i'm new. and i love Chris Nolan's works! very much. 8-)

Welcome ReRe! ........and 10 posts per page is fine!
{=}