Loading...
Have any ideas for improvements? Run into any bugs? Let us know here.

How to Manage a Full Inbox/Creating a New Inbox

Posts: 24396
Location: and on the third day, god said "Nah bro, I ain't bout that life."
I thought making this a new thread would help people manage the lower inbox limit of 250.

So you can't receive new messages eh? Well follow this (admittedly oversimplified) step-by-step tutorial for a mastery of your inbox.

Click on your inbox icon at the top of the forum index.
Image

Go to your inbox settings titled "Rules, folders & settings".
Image

As you can see from these screens, my inbox is full at 250 messages, so instead of having to delete all my messages, I can just create a new inbox. Scroll down to the "Folder options" section, from here you can create a new inbox.
Image

Give it a name to distinguish it from your main inbox, then click "Add".
Image

Scroll down to the "If folder is full" option, make sure "Move to folder" is selected. From the drop-down menu, select your new inbox. This will make a rule from now on that moves all your new messages to your new inbox.
Image

Click "Change" at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.
Image

Go back to your inbox page or your private messages, and your new inbox should be showing next to the old one. Remember, when this inbox fills up, you can always repeat this process and create a new one in the future.
Image


Congrats, you have achieved inbox mastery!

Image
User avatar
Law
Posts: 16054
Location: Cooper Station
I still can't view your message
Posts: 24396
Location: and on the third day, god said "Nah bro, I ain't bout that life."
Law wrote:I still can't view your message

Can you take a screen cap of your inbox and post it?
Site Admin
Posts: 3525
Location: Florida
Cilogy wrote:
Law wrote:I still can't view your message

Can you take a screen cap of your inbox and post it?


But delete all of the sexually explicit conversations between us first, Law. ;)
User avatar
Law
Posts: 16054
Location: Cooper Station
TeddyBlass wrote:
Cilogy wrote:
Law wrote:I still can't view your message

Can you take a screen cap of your inbox and post it?


But delete all of the sexually explicit conversations between us first, Law. ;)

Image
Posts: 24396
Location: and on the third day, god said "Nah bro, I ain't bout that life."
If your inbox says your new messages are on hold, you may have to "release" them.
User avatar
Law
Posts: 16054
Location: Cooper Station
Cilogy wrote:If your inbox says your new messages are on hold, you may have to "release" them.

When I click "release".. nothing happens
Posts: 24396
Location: and on the third day, god said "Nah bro, I ain't bout that life."
Law wrote:
Cilogy wrote:If your inbox says your new messages are on hold, you may have to "release" them.

When I click "release".. nothing happens

Did you use the above method to create a new folder?
Posts: 10101
Location: Waiting for a bullet train
None of these functions at the bottom of the page are working for me
Image

I want move messages to my other folders yo.
Posts: 24396
Location: and on the third day, god said "Nah bro, I ain't bout that life."
the_red_ninja wrote:None of these functions at the bottom of the page are working for me
Image

I want move messages to my other folders yo.

Yeah those functions are weirdly not working at all. We might have to use the rule method temporarily for future messages until Al and Ted sort it out.
Next page →
← Return to Reporting and Suggestions
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests.