Oppenheimer - Industry/Celebrity Response and Buzz

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Matt Johnson's comment is funny, good continuity between his first two 2020's films.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 31st, 2023, 9:07 pm
Matt Johnson's comment is funny, good continuity between his first two 2020's films.
i need help understanding that one, is he talking about the sunscreen scenes in Tenet and Oppenheimer ?? :oops:

Nicolaslabra wrote:
January 3rd, 2024, 2:26 am
Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 31st, 2023, 9:07 pm
i need help understanding that one, is he talking about the sunscreen scenes in Tenet and Oppenheimer ?? :oops:
Yes

https://www.moviemaker.com/godzilla-min ... penheimer/
Takashi Yamazaki: I actually wanted to see Oppenheimer so bad but it’s yet to receive a theatrical release in Japan. But because I wanted to see it so badly, I flew to Taiwan and watched it with Chinese subtitles. With that said, my English, of course, is not that great. I don’t think I fully understood the nuance of what was happening in the film. But despite that, I did feel this very powerful force of what the film represented. And of course, being of Japanese descent and heritage, I’ve seen a lot more nukes in our pop culture or surroundings since I was really young. I feel that as a filmmaker and director, I do want to provide some kind of answer or response to Oppenheimer someday. I don’t think Godzilla is necessarily a direct response to it, although they point at similar themes. But even if this film is never realized, I think having it in the corner of my head as a strong thematic element is important.

natalie wrote:
January 28th, 2024, 11:53 am
https://www.moviemaker.com/godzilla-min ... penheimer/
Takashi Yamazaki: I actually wanted to see Oppenheimer so bad but it’s yet to receive a theatrical release in Japan. But because I wanted to see it so badly, I flew to Taiwan and watched it with Chinese subtitles. With that said, my English, of course, is not that great. I don’t think I fully understood the nuance of what was happening in the film. But despite that, I did feel this very powerful force of what the film represented. And of course, being of Japanese descent and heritage, I’ve seen a lot more nukes in our pop culture or surroundings since I was really young. I feel that as a filmmaker and director, I do want to provide some kind of answer or response to Oppenheimer someday. I don’t think Godzilla is necessarily a direct response to it, although they point at similar themes. But even if this film is never realized, I think having it in the corner of my head as a strong thematic element is important.
This is what i meant, i really hope to see him do it.