Oppenheimer - Industry/Celebrity Response and Buzz

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Barrett wrote:
August 3rd, 2023, 1:16 pm
I was listening to Marc Maron's WTF podcast interview with Cillian from a couple weeks ago. Marc said in his private IMAX 70mm screening in late June, it was just him and about a dozen other people, including Jon Favreau and Jordan Peele.

Really great interview btw. I've never heard Cillian so relaxed and seemingly enjoy himself so much. They talked about a wide range of topics, including lot about his upbringing in Ireland.
Yeah love that podcast. Gotta respect Maron's ability to get his guest feel comfortable to talk

Ace
Did you do the Barbenheimer double feature?
I’ve only seen Oppenheimer. I’m halfway there. I couldn’t get into Barbie! But Oppenheimer is a real accomplishment. I read somewhere that Chris implied that this is the movie he’s been building toward, and I think he’s right. And I’m thrilled that it’s a massive hit. This is such good news for the movies — both of them, really. You have two blockbusters from directors who came out of the independent world who were given complete control over these large-scale projects and they’re massive hits. This is exactly what Section Eight was trying to do twenty years ago, is hook up independent filmmakers with projects that could come out on 4,000 screens. That was our mandate. I’m so happy and just hope we can keep this momentum going.

If you're a politicien, and brag about having fun at the movies with Oppenheimer, you misunderstood the film.

Ace
Gareth Evans, director of The Raid films.