Oppenheimer - Awards Speculation

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Oppenheimer just won Best Picture at the Producers Guild awards. Massive couple of weekends in a row for this movie at BAFTA, SAG, and PGA.

:clap: :clap:

This Is over :gonf:

It's insane to say that with confidence that Oppenheimer will sweep at the Oscars.

I'm happy because this isn't some "he's overdue" award. Oppenheimer is absolutely deserving and is a brilliant film and it's probably Nolan's best. So for him to be recognized, and not only him but Emma and almost the entire team - feels so good.

Glad to see Cillian and RDJ winning too.

I'm a little worried that we may see a dark horse win out of nowhere like in 2019 (1917 won the PGA, GG and BAFTA Best Picture, but lost to Parasite at the Oscars). Personally it was a deserved win cause I liked it a lot more than 1917 but still, I'd pissed if I betted for 1917 that night lol

I'm convinced Oppenheimer also takes Best Adapted Screenplay.

I'm counting on nine Oscar wins. Best Sound is also included.

brickarts295 wrote:
February 26th, 2024, 3:54 am
I'm a little worried that we may see a dark horse win out of nowhere like in 2019 (1917 won the PGA, GG and BAFTA Best Picture, but lost to Parasite at the Oscars). Personally it was a deserved win cause I liked it a lot more than 1917 but still, I'd pissed if I betted for 1917 that night lol
Parasite won SAG Ensemble. Oppenheimer won SAG Ensemble. The actors branch has the most voting power at the Oscars. They awarded Oppy with Best Ensemble cast, Best Actor, and Best Supporting Actor. By comparison, 1917 won nothing at SAG. Seems like a pretty big advantage for Oppy compared to the 1917 situation.

Tarssauce wrote:
February 26th, 2024, 3:10 am
I'm happy because this isn't some "he's overdue" award. Oppenheimer is absolutely deserving and is a brilliant film and it's probably Nolan's best.
I agree with you but I think Oppenheimer’s popularity (among other reasons perhaps) makes some people believe already this is Nolan's "overdue" if it wins. I have already seen multiple people come up with remarks like that, and maybe you all have too. I, for one, was (still kind do) hoping it wouldn’t win to avoid that. I just feel Nolan already has too many haters by his name alone.

That said, I also think it’s something that should not matter to me if other people feel otherwise. So, if it wins, I will be happy and I think they deserve it. The only film I believe goes the closest for me is The Zone Of Interest in that regard. Oppenheimer is my favorite though.

brickarts295 wrote:
February 26th, 2024, 3:54 am
You can rest assured, buddy. Oppenheimer is winning Best Picture.

Oppenheimer will also win WGA awards best adapted screenplay
(although it is scheduled post oscars)

Barbie is in Original screenplay
No anatomy of a fall And
No Zone of Interest in competition (maybe they were not eligible)

Thats how Nyad and Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret , Air , May December got in

American Fiction is in adapted screenplay competition tho