Oppenheimer - Awards Speculation

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

“The reason CCA has taken this action is that we have evidence that a representative of the HCA has improperly suggested to at least one studio (and we suspect more) that it could influence Critics Choice Awards voting in a way that led that studio to reach out to CCA and request that action be taken to protect the integrity of our awards,” the message reads. “Of course, that HCA threat was empty, but CCA cannot ignore this.”

Well this is certainly interesting.

The HCA named Barbie Best Picture :think:

natalie wrote:
January 17th, 2024, 9:58 am
The HCA named Barbie Best Picture :think:
Barbie might have been No.2 in votes for all we know. HCA has 150ish overlapping members so they could definitely turn the tides if two films are tied or something.

Seems like the biggest competition is The Holdovers now.

Barbies chances are pretty shot at this point tbh

BAFTA is it's own world so it doesn't affect Barbie's chance with the Academy. However, I agree with the BAFTA, Anatomy of a fall or Holdovers are superior to Barbie.

I am happy and nervous about all these awards that Chris is getting. This really feels like his year, Oppenheimer's year, but I really don't want to set myself up for disappointment. It's also hard to not have expectations when this film's momentum is bigger than the majority of films in the last few years.