Oppenheimer - Awards Speculation

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Jesus...

I was expecting some serious, sneaky jab but in fact Emma just made a little joke with no bad intentions whatsoever, with smile on her face, with a little subdued voice and some are worrying if this will hurt the movie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently we still have to wait quite a while before cure for cancer and jetpacks come up...

Retskrad wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 10:32 am
Why do people who don’t work on these films and don’t work in Hollywood still follow the Oscars and think highly of it? We have decades of experience that the Oscars represent only represent a tiny portion of the world of movies and their opinion is no more valid than yours or mine. PTA, Scorsese, Fincher, Kubrick and other GOAT filmmakers have never been acknowledged by the Academy. Not being acknowledged by the Acsdemy is no no way a slight. It doesn’t mean that your movie is any less than.

At the end of the day, winning atrophy is an ego boost for the creatives who made the film. It’s in no way a positive or negative to the audience who watch these films. The trophy is literally worthless to the audience.
Our beloved Clown, i missed you
The whore of villeneuve finaly appeared 😃😃🥰😂

redfirebird2008 wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 10:21 am
MyCocaine wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 8:46 am
Don't mind redfirebird2008. He is not a serious person.

His whole stick is about downplaying every single thing Nolan does.

His awards and box office predictions are not to be taken seriously.
Ridiculous comment, no need for personal attacks. I'm a huge fan of Nolan. But I am not aggressive with predictions on anything, period. I really hope Nolan wins big at the Oscars, but I still have a strong memory of them snubbing the hell out of Nolan in the past.

It's very hard to trust the Oscar voters IMHO. If they snub Nolan again, it will be another serious blunder added to a long list of them going back decades. The Oscar morons somehow never gave proper recognition to the likes of Hitchcock, Kubrick, and Peter O'Toole.
I get the hesitance given previous 'snubs' but in the end, if the voters are going to go against Nolan it's not gonna be because of an innocuous speech that Emma Thomas gave at a separate awards show, which was totally fine, even if not the most charming. The main thing is, the critics, globes, and seemingly guilds are all in alliance right now with Oppenheimer support. That's the bigger sign.

natalie wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 8:49 am
There is absolutely NOTHING “rough” or “wrong” with this speech…..

Love the sticking up for Emma going on here!

Waitedalongtime wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 4:00 pm
any one who considers themselves fans of Chris Nolan ought to be infinitely grateful for Emma, she has been instrumental and just outright essential in Chris`s career, she is one of the all time great producers.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 4:21 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:
any one who considers themselves fans of Chris Nolan ought to be infinitely grateful for Emma, she has been instrumental and just outright essential in Chris`s career, she is one of the all time great producers.
Yup!

"She's everything. He's Just Chris" 8-) :lol:

Nicolaslabra wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 4:21 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:
Agree also, no wonder their marriage/relationship has lasted over 35 years.

Happy to see Emma get her moment. If Nolan is the best director of his generation then she is the best producer of her generation too.

Getting a 3 hour rated R biopic greenlit? Doing it for about $100m? Shooting in only 57 days? Come on!