Oppenheimer - Awards Speculation

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
This has legit chances at the 11 oscars record tbh

best pic, best actor, best supporting actor, best director, best adapted screenplay, best cinematography, best editing, best production design, best sound, best original score. That's 10.

costume/makeup is the sort of shit that is impossible to distinguish. Hard to win because voters will tend to pick other stuff, but who knows.

visual effects, that's the hardest one i think. supporting actress is impossible, unless it was one of those old ladies hollywood loves no matter what they do.

Lionheart wrote:
November 6th, 2023, 2:14 pm
This has legit chances at the 11 oscars record tbh

best pic, best actor, best supporting actor, best director, best adapted screenplay, best cinematography, best editing, best production design, best sound, best original score. That's 10.

costume/makeup is the sort of shit that is impossible to distinguish. Hard to win because voters will tend to pick other stuff, but who knows.

visual effects, that's the hardest one i think. supporting actress is impossible, unless it was one of those old ladies hollywood loves no matter what they do.
It really isn't and it's happening.

Ace

To be honest, I though that Scorsese Killers of Flower Moon would be much better received.

KEM
This means the complete score will leak soon right?

KEM wrote:
November 9th, 2023, 8:24 pm
How common is it for the for your consideration score to be different than the release one ? i mean it because this has been the longest official score we`ve gotten, maybe this is the "complete score" (id love a film version score though, there are definetely some different or alternate cues)

KEM
Nicolaslabra wrote:
November 9th, 2023, 8:29 pm
KEM wrote:
How common is it for the for your consideration score to be different than the release one ? i mean it because this has been the longest official score we`ve gotten, maybe this is the "complete score" (id love a film version score though, there are definetely some different or alternate cues)
Well the FYC for TENET was literally all the cues as they appear in the film, of course that was Warner Bros, and I don’t know how Universal does it, but I’m hoping we get all the individual cues this time around as well

KEM wrote:
November 9th, 2023, 8:36 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
KEM wrote:
Well the FYC for TENET was literally all the cues as they appear in the film, of course that was Warner Bros, and I don’t know how Universal does it, but I’m hoping we get all the individual cues this time around as well
IIRC there where some discrepancies between the FYC and actual film score, the mission briefing at Stalsk 12, the FYC version lacks the deep synth chord progression thats similar to the one in "proving window"

KEM
Nicolaslabra wrote:
November 9th, 2023, 10:16 pm
KEM wrote:
November 9th, 2023, 8:36 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:

IIRC there where some discrepancies between the FYC and actual film score, the mission briefing at Stalsk 12, the FYC version lacks the deep synth chord progression thats similar to the one in "proving window"
Stuff like that could be last minute changes that they never got their hands on, it happens