Oppenheimer - Awards Speculation

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
natalie wrote:
August 24th, 2023, 7:13 pm
Uruguayan wrote:
August 24th, 2023, 6:52 pm
Uruguayan wrote:
August 24th, 2023, 6:51 pm

I think Barbie wins production and costume design...and nothing else...
Oh! And song...
Maybe Original Screemplay if they can play that card.
GoldDerby predictions has Barbie as Adapted Screenplay. I guess they could push for Original for better chances since its going against Oppenheimer and Killers of the Flower Moon in Adapted.

brickarts295 wrote:
August 24th, 2023, 7:19 pm
natalie wrote:
Uruguayan wrote:
August 24th, 2023, 6:52 pm

Oh! And song...
GoldDerby predictions has Barbie as Adapted Screenplay. I guess they could push for Original for better chances since its going against Oppenheimer and Killers of the Flower Moon in Adapted.
https://variety.com/feature/2024-oscars ... 235704155/

Considering Dune has been delayed, I feel more confident about it winning best cinematography and visual effects now.

natalie wrote:
August 24th, 2023, 7:26 pm
brickarts295 wrote:
August 24th, 2023, 7:19 pm
natalie wrote:

https://variety.com/feature/2024-oscars ... 235704155/
Interesting, I wonder why GB hasn't updated their predictions. Anyways, bodes well for Oppenheimer's chances but Killer does have Eric Roth whos a 6 time nominee with 1 win, all for adapted o_O

Still a few more films to be seen (Napoleon, Color Purple) and lots of twist and turns can still happen when more of the festival films are actually released to the general public but looking like a three-horse race between Oppenheimer, Killer of the Flower Moon, and Poor Things.

I also think/predict, sadly, that Nolan and Scorsese will sorta cancel each other out, and Gerwig is going to win best director.

my personal opinion, but Napoleon gives me Exodus-Gods and Kings vibes. I feel it will open to mix reviews with its meta critic score to be somewhere between 50-60. Hope i am wrong. I adore Ridley Scott and a great fan of his earlier films.

666kalpa wrote:
September 18th, 2023, 12:25 pm
my personal opinion, but Napoleon gives me Exodus-Gods and Kings vibes. I feel it will open to mix reviews with its meta critic score to be somewhere between 50-60. Hope i am wrong. I adore Ridley Scott and a great fan of his earlier films.
that's exactly how i felt when i watched its trailer.

I don’t see color purple or Napoleon doing much in the Oscar season

But I can definitely see films like Barbie or Past Lives seriously make a big run for being front runners in director and BP. Past Lives maybe gets the screenplay win though for original. I don’t know, I have a feeling Oppenheimer and Killers will split the technical awards and then Nolan takes Best Director, Adapted Screenplay and Picture

I think Yorgo wins best director. His movie is well received and it is different enough to attract enough votes.