Oppenheimer - Awards Speculation

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
I just need Nolan to win best Director and Murphy to win Actor (Sound design, editing, and score should also be locked). Best Picture winners are more often then not disappointments or become time capsules of trends. I don't want Oppenheimer to win Picture.

BobCobb wrote:
August 7th, 2023, 10:21 pm
I genuinely think the only one who has jealous, and quite frankly, bitter peers is David Fincher.

Him losing Social Network Best Director to Tom Hooper Kings Speech was the biggest fuck you I’ve ever seen.
Nolan didn't even get nominated for Inception, which is a much bigger snub IMHO.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
August 8th, 2023, 2:07 pm
BobCobb wrote:
August 7th, 2023, 10:21 pm
I genuinely think the only one who has jealous, and quite frankly, bitter peers is David Fincher.

Him losing Social Network Best Director to Tom Hooper Kings Speech was the biggest fuck you I’ve ever seen.
Nolan didn't even get nominated for Inception, which is a much bigger snub IMHO.
What about Inception not even being nominated for Best Editing? I can buy not winning, but not even being nominated is a crime, and one of the most truly baffling omissions that I can recall. Thank God Lee Smith finally got recognized with a win for Dunkirk, but still...

Also - the fact that The Dark Knight didn't get a Picture/Director/Screenplay nomination despite getting nominated by those respective guilds while mediocre Oscar-baiting tripe like "The Reader" got a Best Pic/Director/Screenplay nomination is absurd.

nightfury93 wrote:
August 8th, 2023, 2:39 pm
What about Inception not even being nominated for Best Editing? I can buy not winning, but not even being nominated is a crime, and one of the most truly baffling omissions that I can recall. Thank God Lee Smith finally got recognized with a win for Dunkirk, but still...
Both Nolan as Director and Lee Smith as Editor got completely screwed with Inception. It is a miracle that movie even exists, never mind being a huge box office hit with over $800 million. Those 2 guys are the reason it became such a successful movie. The Academy gave Nolan a really weak pat on the back with a script nomination, which is frankly bullshit. The writing is not the reason that movie works so well, it's the Direction & Editing.

A major competitor, especially for tech categories, is gone till 2024. Dune 2 moving till next March.

radewart wrote:
August 24th, 2023, 6:20 pm
A major competitor, especially for tech categories, is gone till 2024. Dune 2 moving till next March.
Hoyte is winning now IMO.

WB will gonna push Barbie to it's limit now :roll:

natalie wrote:
August 24th, 2023, 6:48 pm
I think Barbie wins production and costume design...and nothing else...

Uruguayan wrote:
August 24th, 2023, 6:51 pm
natalie wrote:
Oh! And song...

Uruguayan wrote:
August 24th, 2023, 6:52 pm
Uruguayan wrote:
August 24th, 2023, 6:51 pm
natalie wrote:
Oh! And song...
Maybe Original Screemplay if they can play that card.