Interviews - Cast and Crew

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
viggykich wrote:
February 14th, 2024, 7:01 am
love that as soon as Ludwig said "six seasons" an audience member screamed "and a movie!", Community`s fanbase is really something :lol:

https://deadline.com/2024/02/cillian-mu ... 235825130/

Really wish Murphy would wait a couple more weeks (like when Oscar voting is over) before he says stuff that could be viewed by some as insulting or condescending, such as, his dislike of press tours and bad mouthing his own film, "Red Eye".

radewart wrote:
February 14th, 2024, 8:31 pm

Really wish Murphy would wait a couple more weeks (like when Oscar voting is over) before he says stuff that could be viewed by some as insulting or condescending, such as, his dislike of press tours and bad mouthing his own film, "Red Eye".
The Press angle has honestly been so seeded and clear from a decade ago, I don't see much of an issue with Cillian saying right now that he doesn't think much of them. This is just confirming what a lot of people guessed already. He did call Red Eye "not a good movie but a good B movie", which isn't the worst insult, it's got a very B movie feel to it but it's strong enough as a film to where I think the term B movie does sell it short. Do wish he saw what I saw in that film that made it a strong suspenseful thriller. In terms of timing, I mean if certain Oscar voters really chose not to vote for him because of this then that's their loss but I don't think it will make a difference.

I don't disagree with him on press tours (I do on "Red Eyes"), but I want him to win and every vote counts, and he's already gone through all these months of campaigning with screenings and other events be very nice and cordial....just literally wait two more weeks before giving any hot takes that can put off any potential voter because he is in what is likely a very close race with Paul Giamatti.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
February 14th, 2024, 9:59 pm
radewart wrote:
February 14th, 2024, 8:31 pm

The Press angle has honestly been so seeded and clear from a decade ago, I don't see much of an issue with Cillian saying right now that he doesn't think much of them. This is just confirming what a lot of people guessed already. He did call Red Eye "not a good movie but a good B movie", which isn't the worst insult, it's got a very B movie feel to it but it's strong enough as a film to where I think the term B movie does sell it short. Do wish he saw what I saw in that film that made it a strong suspenseful thriller. In terms of timing, I mean if certain Oscar voters really chose not to vote for him because of this then that's their loss but I don't think it will make a difference.
I also feel like some of the media and pundits who dislike him aren't going to like him because he doesn't say offensive things anyways.

i get that we want him to win, but Cillian is gonna Cillian, and maybe we need to consider if he really cares about winning the oscar as much as we do, i dont think hes the kinda guy not to be honest about his beliefs for clout.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
February 15th, 2024, 8:33 pm
i get that we want him to win, but Cillian is gonna Cillian, and maybe we need to consider if he really cares about winning the oscar as much as we do, i dont think hes the kinda guy not to be honest about his beliefs for clout.
He definitely wants to win lol look at the amount of press and campaign he's doing.

eescorpius wrote:
February 16th, 2024, 3:50 am
Nicolaslabra wrote:
February 15th, 2024, 8:33 pm
He definitely wants to win lol look at the amount of press and campaign he's doing.
of cores he does care about it but, i mean it would look bad for him not to, its not only about his role but the ensemble and the movie itself, he is kinda morally compelled to be a team player and be there for the campaign, also universal is really going for it, so you cant be seen to do "less than" specially as the big lead.