Interviews - Cast and Crew

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
January 17th, 2024, 10:51 pm
It's so funny to see Sean Fennessey who used talk shit about Nolan pretentiously now becomes an Oppenheimer enthusiast.
What did he used to say? Good to win over your critics.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
January 18th, 2024, 10:45 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
It's so funny to see Sean Fennessey who used talk shit about Nolan pretentiously now becomes an Oppenheimer enthusiast.
He's highly critical of Inception and Interstellar especially. I believe he feels that Inception and Interstellar spend entirely too long explaining themselves and the rules of their world. He liked Tenet, loved Oppenheimer, TDK, The Prestige and Memento. Didn't like Dunkirk although Tarantino had to school him on that. The problem I have with Fennessey is he praises director's like Peele, PTA, Tarantino, and Fincher without little to no criticism. Those are all good (Peele) and great (PTA, Fincher, Tarantino) directors but they aren't above criticism. They've all got flawed filmography's but he doesn't seem to acknowledge them as much as he does with Nolan's.

bootsy wrote:
January 18th, 2024, 4:54 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
He's highly critical of Inception and Interstellar especially. I believe he feels that Inception and Interstellar spend entirely too long explaining themselves and the rules of their world. He liked Tenet, loved Oppenheimer, TDK, The Prestige and Memento. Didn't like Dunkirk although Tarantino had to school him on that. The problem I have with Fennessey is he praises director's like Peele, PTA, Tarantino, and Fincher without little to no criticism. Those are all good (Peele) and great (PTA, Fincher, Tarantino) directors but they aren't above criticism. They've all got flawed filmography's but he doesn't seem to acknowledge them as much as he does with Nolan's.
i think its because most people either consciously or inconsciously hold Nolan to a higher standard, well intentioned or not.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
January 18th, 2024, 5:21 pm
bootsy wrote:
Waitedalongtime wrote:

i think its because most people either consciously or inconsciously hold Nolan to a higher standard, well intentioned or not.
This doesn't make sense.. All those directors I mentioned are held to a higher standard and don't get nearly the criticism Nolan gets.

bootsy wrote:
January 18th, 2024, 6:23 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
bootsy wrote:

This doesn't make sense.. All those directors I mentioned are held to a higher standard and don't get nearly the criticism Nolan gets.
the higher standard i refer to can easily mean a ridiculous and ill meaning standard, i see it in other places.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
January 18th, 2024, 7:01 pm
bootsy wrote:
Nicolaslabra wrote:

the higher standard i refer to can easily mean a ridiculous and ill meaning standard, i see it in other places.
OK I get what you are saying. Nolan does have ridiculous standards from others. Some want to fit him in a box that he doesn't want to be in and that's why he's my favorite director.

bootsy wrote:
January 18th, 2024, 8:00 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
January 18th, 2024, 7:01 pm
bootsy wrote:

OK I get what you are saying. Nolan does have ridiculous standards from others. Some want to fit him in a box that he doesn't want to be in and that's why he's my favorite director.
Precisely, most critiques i read or see of Chris`s work come from a place of what the work isnt, or what it doesnt do instead of assesing what the work really is and measuring its value as that.

Loving all these campaign season interviews. Makes up for the promotion we missed because of the strike.