Interviews - Cast and Crew

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
"prolonged full nudity"... Nolan is venturing into his uncharted territory.

Kevin McCarthy interview

Somewhat of a "spoiler", but not surprising
The line "I am become death, destroyer of worlds" is in the film

Ace

It's kind of a pity that Kevin didn't get more time with Nolan. He always asks really good questions. But Nolan is gonna be on ReelBlend podcast on July 21 so there's more to expect.

Will there be a press conference?

Innovator wrote:
July 8th, 2023, 10:16 am
Kevin McCarthy interview

Somewhat of a "spoiler", but not surprising
The line "I am become death, destroyer of worlds" is in the film
Wow, that was a good interview.
I'm kind of disappointed that "I am become death" is in the film, but likewise I'm not surprised. It's certainly a powerful line, but it's one that is so easily misinterpreted (and one that he never said out loud at Trinity, so the line would have to be during a different scene) so I was hoping they'd just avoid the line altogether and allow Oppenheimer to rise above the one thing he's famous for. But it is what it is.

On the other hand, I am pleasantly surprised that my speculation yesterday that the B&W scenes were specifically focused on Strauss' perspective seems to be confirmed here. Perhaps using the 1959 hearings as a framing device isn't such a far-fetched idea after all?