Oppenheimer - Early Reactions

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
MurphysSaw wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 3:36 pm
natalie wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 3:30 pm
ANONIMNIQ wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 3:24 pm

How much experimental is on its plot structure/editing compared to Memento and is it easy to follow? Can you share your favourite Nolan's movies top list, please!
It is difficult to explain. It is experimental from the narrative, the visuals, the sound and these three interconnected things. I never had a problem following Nolan's plots, really.
My top 5:
1. Memento
2. The Prestige
3. Interstellar/Dunkirk
4. TDK
Does it get a chance of getting in here?
Surely.

movieman1005 wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 3:39 pm
natalie, how were you able to see it early? I haven't heard much on any screenings beyond press screenings.
Press screening.

natalie wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 3:51 pm
movieman1005 wrote:
natalie, how were you able to see it early? I haven't heard much on any screenings beyond press screenings.
Press screening.
What does it take to be considered "press" to get invited to these (assuming you were invited by being considered "press" and not some other method).
Obviously large TV and print publications get at least one person invited to these, but are there local TV and newspaper and online publications there as well? Is it just a reporter or writer, or are other members of the publications invited too? Friends or relatives of the "press" people can get in too?

Partly asking for curiosity's sake, but also want to know if there's any way I could ever get into these without being Roger Ebert or a writer for Rolling Stone :lol:

natalie wrote:
movieman1005 wrote:
Press screening.

Is Alden Ehrenreich's role important?

movieman1005 wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 4:44 pm
natalie wrote:
movieman1005 wrote:
Press screening.
What does it take to be considered "press" to get invited to these (assuming you were invited by being considered "press" and not some other method).
Obviously large TV and print publications get at least one person invited to these, but are there local TV and newspaper and online publications there as well? Is it just a reporter or writer, or are other members of the publications invited too? Friends or relatives of the "press" people can get in too?

Partly asking for curiosity's sake, but also want to know if there's any way I could ever get into these without being Roger Ebert or a writer for Rolling Stone :lol:
Well, I'm part of the press for several outlets. It took me a lot of work (and years) to get into this press screenings :lol:

I need the full deets on that alleged sex scene

It's gonna make or break the film for me

Can yall take this shit to the Nolanfans User reviews thread?
Like 10 fuckin pages of questions.

Ruth wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 5:17 pm
I need the full deets on that alleged sex scene

It's gonna make or break the film for me
For me, those moments are super interesting. We have tits, some sex (nothing weird), intimacy and a great moment for Cillian. They serve to understand the character and their needs. Very interesting use IMO.