Oppenheimer - IMAX locations and info thread

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
SINCEPTION wrote:
July 21st, 2023, 10:05 am
Irvine Spectrum was NOT ready for this movie at all! It was chaotic! My showing was supposed to be at 10:10/TeneT but due to technical issues it started at 11:15, I got home 4am, just woke up, gonna shower and maybe another nap before heading to CityWalk.

The first showing received negatives of 70mm, but nothing for us.

For digital still no previews.

Some of the employees didn’t even know IMAX 70mm broke and they were handing out passes for free viewing.

Some obviously didn’t also know the difference between laser and regular digital.

The picture was weirdly projected to the screen IMO… like not completely centered
fucking nightmare. I'm watching it there tonight so this news is worrisome to say the least

TCL Chinese Theater went good last night. The print was very dirty though.

Nicewatch wrote:
July 21st, 2023, 10:43 am
SINCEPTION wrote:
Irvine Spectrum was NOT ready for this movie at all! It was chaotic! My showing was supposed to be at 10:10/TeneT but due to technical issues it started at 11:15, I got home 4am, just woke up, gonna shower and maybe another nap before heading to CityWalk.

Some of the employees didn’t even know IMAX 70mm broke and they were handing out passes for free viewing.

Some obviously didn’t also know the difference between laser and regular digital.

The picture was weirdly projected to the screen IMO… like not completely centered
Typical Regal. Their employees only know how to scan tickets and sell popcorn. They don’t care about the moviegoing experience.
I had a great experience this morning with a Regal RPX screen. They did justice to the gorgeous cinematography of this movie. Pretty new theater though, opened in 2021. And easier to operate for the employees as a digital format.

10/10 experience at King Of Prussia Regal IMAX. I mean, it was my first time seeing 15/70mm IMAX…but it looked perfect to me

redfirebird2008 wrote:
July 21st, 2023, 4:30 pm
Nicewatch wrote:
SINCEPTION wrote:

Typical Regal. Their employees only know how to scan tickets and sell popcorn. They don’t care about the moviegoing experience.
I had a great experience this morning with a Regal RPX screen. They did justice to the gorgeous cinematography of this movie. Pretty new theater though, opened in 2021. And easier to operate for the employees as a digital format.
Regal’s new theaters look nice when they’re built, but most of them are still stuck in the 90’s where everything is outdated and they’re barely hanging by a thread. Once they build the theaters, then they don’t maintain them as well as they should, because, like I said, they only know how to scan tickets and sell popcorn. The managers who should know the technicals of running a theater, they don’t know.

Nicewatch wrote:
July 21st, 2023, 8:59 pm
redfirebird2008 wrote:
July 21st, 2023, 4:30 pm
Nicewatch wrote:

Regal’s new theaters look nice when they’re built, but most of them are still stuck in the 90’s where everything is outdated and they’re barely hanging by a thread. Once they build the theaters, then they don’t maintain them as well as they should, because, like I said, they only know how to scan tickets and sell popcorn. The managers who should know the technical of running a theater, they don’t know.
I have to agree with this, they just hire highschool kids and let them just scan tix and sell popcorns...The theater managers are really nice people, and I don't have personal issues with them, but I think it's the higher managements who do not prioritize the quality of special releases like this.

My experience from CityWalk was amazing though...the difference between Irvine vs Citywalk was day and night...not just the pic quality, but also the sound...last night before my showing, I heard some fans saying oh the sound is like Tenet and sometimes the dialogue is not clear...but Citywalk's sound was so perfectly mixed and set up.

Honestly I wanted to experience this film at Regal IMAX at Ontario too, but now I'm so hesitant and only wanna rewatch it at citywalk

Harkins Mills Mall in Mesa, AZ cut out 30 min in.10am showing. Had to switch to digital to finish the movie. They gave us free IMAX vouchers, but still being the only IMAX in the state was disappointing.

Irvine Spectrum at 2:50 was fantastic. It actually started a little later around 3:13 I'd say, but aside from that it went well. Print looked great, the sound was great and well mixed to my ears. So happy they recovered from the clusterfuck that was yesterday. There were actually a few people there who had been at last night's showing and talked about it with me and others around me.

I am heading over to Regal Ontario Palace on Tuesday afternoon, hopefully the 70mm print will play without issue, very excited. :twothumbsup:

StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
July 22nd, 2023, 12:34 pm
I am heading over to Regal Ontario Palace on Tuesday afternoon, hopefully the 70mm print will play without issue, very excited. :twothumbsup:
Lucky Ontario has a very nice theatre