Trailer #2

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
DHOPW42 wrote:
May 8th, 2023, 3:14 pm
I wanted to share my observations regarding the cast, with some obvious ones. Nothing special, just wanted to point these out to anyone interested:

Florence Pugh as Jean Tatlock

Benny Safdie as Edward Teller (or Teller Ede, as we Hungarians would say...)

Kenneth Branagh aaaas... I would bet some money that he is playing Niels Bohr, a well-respected scientist at the time of the story, as much respected by the community as Einstein, or even more at the time. (Some saw Einstein as a bit of a looney, according to the biography. Funnily enough, I think the shot of Einstein's hat getting comically blown off by the wind hints at that sort of aspect.)

Josh Hartnett playing Ernest Lawrence. Supposedly not a big fan of Oppenheimer towards the end of the story.

That is supposedly Finnish actor Olli Haaskivi playing who-knows-who. And, as pointed out before, Rami Malek on the right in the bottom picture.

That is Trond Fausa Aurvåg as George Kistiakowsky on the left (I hope I'm not wrong about the actor!) and Christopher Denham as Klaus Fuchs on the right. Talking about the latter figure might be a bit spoilerish, so I'll avoid that now.

A small glimpse at Dane DeHaan as some sort of assistant to Matt Damon's Leslie Groves.

Will Roberts as General George C. Marshall, I presume.

First look(?) at Matthew Modine as Vannevar Bush. I'm sure the gentleman sitting next to him is also pretty important, but I can't seem to find the actor among the confirmed cast members.

Jack Quaid on the left, and I have a very strong feeling that he is playing young Richard Feynman. And Gustaf Skarsgård as Hans Bethe on the right.
As someone who finds it somewhat difficult to recognize actors in brief shots, thanks, this is very helpful!
And someone mentioned elsewhere that DeHaan could potentially be playing Ken Nichols, which I think makes a lot of sense.

Oh wow, thank you for all the actors!

I like how when asked a few pages ago I had to google how Emily Blunt looks like and then actually thought the shot of Florence Pugh is her again :lol: . I'm so bad at recognizing actors I even missed Rami Malek.

Do you think we may get any more trailers after this one? Sometimes we do get a 4th trailer (TDKR, Interstellar).

If anything I'd guess a final IMAX preview in front of MI7

Great trailer...Murphy looks fantastic so far!

physicshistoryguy wrote:
May 8th, 2023, 3:37 pm
DHOPW42 wrote:
I wanted to share my observations regarding the cast, with some obvious ones. Nothing special, just wanted to point these out to anyone interested:

Kenneth Branagh aaaas... I would bet some money that he is playing Niels Bohr, a well-respected scientist at the time of the story, as much respected by the community as Einstein, or even more at the time. (Some saw Einstein as a bit of a looney, according to the biography. Funnily enough, I think the shot of Einstein's hat getting comically blown off by the wind hints at that sort of aspect.)

Josh Hartnett playing Ernest Lawrence. Supposedly not a big fan of Oppenheimer towards the end of the story.

That is supposedly Finnish actor Olli Haaskivi playing who-knows-who. And, as pointed out before, Rami Malek on the right in the bottom picture.

That is Trond Fausa Aurvåg as George Kistiakowsky on the left (I hope I'm not wrong about the actor!) and Christopher Denham as Klaus Fuchs on the right. Talking about the latter figure might be a bit spoilerish, so I'll avoid that now.

A small glimpse at Dane DeHaan as some sort of assistant to Matt Damon's Leslie Groves.

First look(?) at Matthew Modine as Vannevar Bush. I'm sure the gentleman sitting next to him is also pretty important, but I can't seem to find the actor among the confirmed cast members.

Jack Quaid on the left, and I have a very strong feeling that he is playing young Richard Feynman. And Gustaf Skarsgård as Hans Bethe on the right.
As someone who finds it somewhat difficult to recognize actors in brief shots, thanks, this is very helpful!
And someone mentioned elsewhere that DeHaan could potentially be playing Ken Nichols, which I think makes a lot of sense.
Great work. What about that guy that tells Oppenheimer "you can't do this in your head"?

El Especial wrote:
May 8th, 2023, 8:28 pm
physicshistoryguy wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:

Great work. What about that guy that tells Oppenheimer "you can't do this in your head"?
Pretty sure that's David Krumholtz as Isidor Isaac Rabi

this got 86K likes lol

El Especial wrote:
May 8th, 2023, 8:28 pm
physicshistoryguy wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:

Yup, that's certainly Rabi as mentioned just above. Hopefully Krumholtz and Murphy can do better than Rabi and Oppenheimer in terms of their acting, haha:

I would never in my wildest dreams thought that that was David Krumholtz... he looks so different :D I was wondering if this character was supposed to be Leo Szilárd, another Hungarian-American (because of the resemblance), but Isidor Rabi also makes sense. Just the fact that my last memories of Krumholtz are from Santa Clause, well...

If anyone is interested, here's the trailer music