Trailer #2

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
That one single shot of Pugh shows how good an actor she is.

Really hope Nolan could do more with her talent in this one, and also Blunt's.

KEM
Good lord that’s such an incredible trailer

Is it the first time since its release that the main trailer for a Nolan film doesn't mention that he directed The Dark Knight ? Tenet trailer really insited on his career and most famous movies. Here it's the opposite.

The last five seconds feel very weird like they wanted more foorage with RDJ but didn't know how to include it.
The rest is great, and shows a total focus on the New Mexico stuff, which makes me wonder if except some flashback with Tatlock, we'll really see much of the 30'.

Forum Pro
Demoph wrote:
May 7th, 2023, 1:52 pm
Is it the first time since its release that the main trailer for a Nolan film doesn't mention that he directed The Dark Knight ? Tenet trailer really insited on his career and most famous movies. Here it's the opposite.

The last five seconds feel very weird like they wanted more foorage with RDJ but didn't know how to include it.
The rest is great, and shows a total focus on the New Mexico stuff, which makes me wonder if except some flashback with Tatlock, we'll really see much of the 30'.
I've seen this criticism several times and I just don't see it that way. If there wasn't the Branagh line right before it saying "...and the world is not prepared," then it would feel weird, but they go into it perfectly, showing that the movie is gonna be about the creation and the aftermath. Plus the music transitions into it nicely too. Nothing about it feels random or off.

Curious that this scene takes place at night in the trailer

Oh you're right :? I really hated the day for night stuff Hoyte did for Nope, hope it isn't used too often here.

Whaaaat? That was like the best day for night I’ve ever seen.

That aside, I think the shot in the trailers looks like blue hour not at night.

Demoph wrote:
May 7th, 2023, 1:52 pm

Probably because he's with universal and they were all WBs movies.