Oppenheimer Prologue

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
DylanHoang wrote:
December 18th, 2022, 4:42 pm
Went to see ATWOW a second time last night (at 12:30AM of all times since my day was so busy) and managed to record the IMAX trailer (theatre was Universal Citywalk). I forgot just how much of the footage is in true IMAX, even the stuff in the lab (which is an interior). It makes me question why the Einstein stuff is regular 65mm since that's exterior. I figured even though it's a dialogue scene, they would have gotten away with it. I also forgot just how bass heavy this thing is, my phone mic was definitely struggling, had to work on the levels a bit at home.

Nonetheless, here's a still of one of my favorite shots from the movie already.

If anyone wants the file, PM me. Since the screen is so big, I had to zoom out (iPhone 13 Pro Max) to 0.5x. Because of that, it's not the crispest recording (0.5x results in a much noisier image), but I managed to get like 90% of the screen.

I do have tickets to go again tonight and I'm sitting more in the center, so I will try to get a better recording.

[img]https://imgur.com/OkEPlO5.jpg[/img :gonf: ]
:gonf:

poplar wrote:
December 18th, 2022, 7:10 pm
KEM wrote:
December 18th, 2022, 5:09 pm
Once Avatar starts to slow down and not sell as many tickets I’ll buy a ticket right in the center up top so I can get the full frame without people in the way
Don't you think you're a bit crazy about this Avatar stuff?
A bit? You are being nice. :3

KEM wrote:
December 18th, 2022, 7:58 pm
poplar wrote:
December 18th, 2022, 7:10 pm
KEM wrote:
December 18th, 2022, 5:09 pm
Once Avatar starts to slow down and not sell as many tickets I’ll buy a ticket right in the center up top so I can get the full frame without people in the way
Don't you think you're a bit crazy about this Avatar stuff?
What do you mean?
See your last 20 posts.

KEM
Well I’m sick of hearing about that movie everywhere, all I see everywhere I go is Avatar and I’m tired of it

KEM wrote:
December 18th, 2022, 10:28 pm
Well I’m sick of hearing about that movie everywhere, all I see everywhere I go is Avatar and I’m tired of it
One more again. You must be paid for promotion for Avatar.

KEM
poplar wrote:
December 18th, 2022, 11:02 pm
KEM wrote:
December 18th, 2022, 10:28 pm
One more again. You must be paid for promotion for Avatar.
You literally just asked me lol all I did was give you an answer

So I did get the prologue but how did people feel about the sound mixing?

Still seemed pretty hard to make out dialogue in the 2nd half of the trailer....which isn't promising for the GA.

Oku wrote:
December 17th, 2022, 11:06 pm
mario80 wrote:
December 17th, 2022, 2:58 pm
Could someone please write down the spoken parts of the IMAX bootleg sneak peek? Apart from the beginning, whose dialogue parts sound very clear to me, the lines from Einstein, but also other ones sound muffled, especially in the second part.thanks
Feel free to improve it, anyone:
Groves: You're a dilettante, a womanizer, unstable, theatrical, neurotic.
Oppenheimer: Brilliance makes up for a lot.
Groves: Why don't you have a Nobel Prize?
Oppenheimer: Why aren't you a general?
Groves: They're making me one for this.

Oppenheimer: We can end this war, if we put me in charge. We've got one hope. A secret laboratory. In the middle of nowhere. Focused on one goal. A pillar of fire. Ten thousand feet tall.

Oppenheimer: But what happens if the chain reaction doesn't stop?
Einstein: It would ignore the atmosphere.

Groves: Are we saying there's a chance that when we push that button, we destroy the world?
Oppenheimer: The chances are near-zero.
Groves: Near-zero?

Oppenheimer: ???'s catastrophic.

Bainbridge: ???'s charged!

Einstein: Can you stop?

Senator?: ??? later?

Strauss: Well, we all know what happened later.
Side note, that sand dust that he's breathing in at the start is probably the corn dust technique that they used for Interstellar, right?

Also, I'm still pinching myself that we got a glimpse at Mr. Einstein in this. I'm indescribably happy that my childhood idol is being finally brought to the big screen and in such an earnest way.

At the same time though, I'm kinda disappointed because it's looking like he'll be in the film only for basically that one scene as exposition fodder to emphasize how dangerous the bomb is.

I guess in the months since the set photos of Mr. Conti had come out, I had let my imagination get away from me and built up this fantasy of Mr. Einstein being in the film as a warm, humorous, fatherly figure giving Mr. Oppenheimer life advice, providing philosophical guidance, etc.

And now I'm essentially blaming the film for not giving me something that it never promised. :lol:

I guess now I can kinda see where comic book/Star Wars fans who bitch about how X movie ruined their childhood are coming from lol. Turns out, when your childhood hero is involved, it's surprisingly easy to fantasize about what you want to see your childhood hero doing, and then be disappointed when the actual film doesn't match those expectations.

If you look at the right side of this shot, I'm pretty sure the white hair is Einstein's. I think this is from the stuff they where shooting with RDJ, so we may have two Einstein scenes.

Could someone send me the IMAX trailer? Just got out of Avatar and it played. One of Nolan’s better trailers. Looks very promising.

Hello, long time lurker. If someone here has the imax trailer please pm it to me.