Trailer #1

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Willem wrote:
December 19th, 2022, 12:32 pm
I love the shots in the beginning with the rain falling into the puddle and the rain on the window. Have a feeling it's going to be a pretty heartbreaking and sad film actually. Cillian can definitely pull that off.
Love those shots. They are rarely seen in Nolan films.

Forum Pro
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
December 19th, 2022, 1:37 pm
Willem wrote:
December 19th, 2022, 12:32 pm
I love the shots in the beginning with the rain falling into the puddle and the rain on the window. Have a feeling it's going to be a pretty heartbreaking and sad film actually. Cillian can definitely pull that off.
Love those shots. They are rarely seen in Nolan films.
Was talking about this with a friend. The shots of the rain and the subsequent one going through the clouds, they feel very elemental and meditative, nothing we've seen from Nolan before. He's obviously had moody nature shots (mostly Interstellar corn and Dunkirk beach), but they've all been to serve a narrative or visceral purpose. Here, they feel so much more personal and introspective. It's for reasons like this I already feel like this is going to feel more lived in and *warmer* than his previous movies. Tenet was almost too minimal for me, obviously loved the way HvH shot it, but it's shot like these that make something feel less distant and cold and that's what Nolan needs right now.

filipeG wrote:
December 19th, 2022, 10:47 am
Has anyone noticed, and knows what it might mean the effect they used on this sofa where Cillian is seated?
EDIT: you have to see it in motion.

Good eye. I'm actually now really intrigued by this shot, for whatever reason it reminds me of Inception.

I hope the next trailer is similar to the IMAX exclusive trailer. That one was a lot more exciting to me.

Can someone pls DM me the botleg version of the IMAX trailer? I went to see Avatar in IMAX 3D but alas, no Oppenheimer in my country...

shadoW wrote:
December 19th, 2022, 4:27 pm
Can someone pls DM me the botleg version of the IMAX trailer? I went to see Avatar in IMAX 3D but alas, no Oppenheimer in my country...
Me too please. Thanks ! :batman:

Innovator wrote:
December 19th, 2022, 2:58 pm
filipeG wrote:
December 19th, 2022, 10:47 am
Has anyone noticed, and knows what it might mean the effect they used on this sofa where Cillian is seated?
EDIT: you have to see it in motion.

Good eye. I'm actually now really intrigued by this shot, for whatever reason it reminds me of Inception.

It looks to me like he’s in a moving train. Maybe that’s why it reminds ya of Inception ;)

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
December 19th, 2022, 4:53 pm
It looks to me like he’s in a moving train. Maybe that’s why it reminds ya of Inception ;)
Well that couldn't be more obvious now. :lol: I'm pretty sure you're right