Trailer #1

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 5:29 pm
A Borges man wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 4:33 pm
Vader182 wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 3:33 pm
The IMAX trailer: the building of the atomic bomb was one of the most nerve-splitting and horrifying events in human history and Christopher Nolan will terrify you with the building of the bomb and its consequences

The theatrical trailer: building the bomb was wonderful and also nice

-Vader
I think you're over-exaggerating the "nice" tone of the trailer. Just another twitter brained take...
Yeah this is beginning to echo chamber here, its not uplifting at all, it may induce a sense of wonder and grandure, but there is a really present tone change in the middle of it, and the imagery speaks for itself, i feel moth trailers may have been cut by Lame and Nolan, the montage is exquisite in both.
Indeed. The tonal shift is very obvious, present and right there for people to observe. I'm not excited for either the Barbie vs. Oppenheimer or people person interpretation of history, which they will throw around without citing any record. It's going to be very annoying, the discourse around Nolan is already pretty bleak...this I fear will be worse than usual.

A Borges man wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 5:44 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 5:29 pm
A Borges man wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 4:33 pm

I think you're over-exaggerating the "nice" tone of the trailer. Just another twitter brained take...
Yeah this is beginning to echo chamber here, its not uplifting at all, it may induce a sense of wonder and grandure, but there is a really present tone change in the middle of it, and the imagery speaks for itself, i feel moth trailers may have been cut by Lame and Nolan, the montage is exquisite in both.
Indeed. The tonal shift is very obvious, present and right there for people to observe. I'm not excited for either the Barbie vs. Oppenheimer or people person interpretation of history, which they will throw around without citing any record. It's going to be very annoying, the discourse around Nolan is already pretty bleak...this I fear will be worse than usual.
The movies really won't be similar to each other so no worry about that debate, but I agree the discourse might be hard given the dark and political subject matter of the film. It does depend on how the movie is sold and how the film itself actually is, personally from what I'd expect I think it'll be handled the right way though honestly given the kinds of bizzare arguments some people have used against his films it's practically inevitable so it's better to just shut them out.

KEM
Normal trailer = Pearl Harbor
IMAX trailer = Dunkirk

https://ew.com/movies/oppenheimer-tease ... -of-water/

"The footage won't be released online in any official capacity, so only those going to see one of the biggest films of the year in cinemas will experience that treat — apart from any illegal leaks."

This article got posted a few hours ago so it could be wrong, if it's true then it sounds like a bummer and perhaps not a good move to not post main trailers online. Are they going to wait months before another trailer without a main one being online?

Edit: I'm aware they might not want to upload it same day as the Barbie trailer, I just think it would be good to upload them online.
Last edited by Waitedalongtime on December 16th, 2022, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 8:19 pm

"The footage won't be released online in any official capacity, so only those going to see one of the biggest films of the year in cinemas will experience that treat — apart from any illegal leaks."

This article got posted a few hours ago so it could be wrong, if it's true then it sounds like a bummer and perhaps not a good move to not post main trailers online. Are they going to wait months before another trailer without a main one being online?

Edit: I'm aware they might not want to upload it same day as the Barbie trailer, I just think it would be good to upload them online.
They’re talking about the IMAX Sneak Peek, which was never expected to be uploaded online. The trailer however, the one appearing before non-IMAX showings, should be available online sooner or later.

teymourb wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 8:54 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:

They’re talking about the IMAX Sneak Peek, which was never expected to be uploaded online. The trailer however, the one appearing before non-IMAX showings, should be available online sooner or later.
That's true, it was stated already elsewhere but I thought this article was referring to both trailers or at least the theatrical one before going down the page and seeing that it was only talking about the IMAX one. I think I posted this before or in spite of reading the rest of this article which is a little embarrassing.

can someone pleased send me the trailer in dm?

Waitedalongtime wrote:

Expected for the IMAX trailer I'm suppose but still disappointing given it seems a good number on here who did go to see Avatar in IMAX didn't get to see the IMAX trailer anyway.

Can't stop watching the imax bootleg. It's phenomenal and i can understand the standart version may have more pull with general audiences but they should have had the balls to just slap everyone with the imax edition. I just hope it's a more accurate representation of the overall tone of the movie

KEM
Ruth wrote:
December 17th, 2022, 6:26 am
Can't stop watching the imax bootleg. It's phenomenal and i can understand the standart version may have more pull with general audiences but they should have had the balls to just slap everyone with the imax edition. I just hope it's a more accurate representation of the overall tone of the movie
Same, the standard trailer has more of an epic blockbuster vibe, and the IMAX version is more sinister and horrific, I think it’s far superior