Box Office

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

'Oppenheimer' Pushes IMAX to Highest-Grossing Domestic Year in History

https://collider.com/oppenheimer-imax-h ... stic-year/

Oppenheimer was the top-grossing film for IMAX, grossing $183.2 million and becoming the company's fourth-highest grossing release of all time.

Oppenheimer China re-release date 03/01.

natalie wrote:
January 29th, 2024, 5:21 pm
Oh wow I thought we were at 955. 958's not bad. 960 here we come.

Oppenheimer returned to the top 10 at the box office in several countries (Spain, UK, Argentina) over the weekend 8-)

Movie will eventually crawl to a billion in BO in the next couple of years just like how Interstellar went pass $700m (might even go for $750m if the anniversary re-release are real).

I’m sure it’s way pass a billion in total sales when you include home media after the big win.

brickarts295 wrote:
March 18th, 2024, 3:49 pm
Movie will eventually crawl to a billion in BO in the next couple of years just like how Interstellar went pass $700m (might even go for $750m if the anniversary re-release are real).
I would love for Interstellar to finally pass Gravity. As time went on it clearly had a much bigger lasting impact on pop culture and moviegoer appreciation, becoming one of the favorites on Letterboxd and much more often discussed.

I loved both movies though, and also The Martian, and looking back on it, it's pretty wild we had this 1-2-3 punch of Gravity-Interstellar-The Martian in the cinemas on year after another. I think it really reignited the interest of people in space exploration for a moment there, and it set up the private sector development and the Artemis mission... until the pandemic happened and then the war in Ukraine and people rightly started thinking back on the issues at hand and on Earth.