Box Office

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
neb4ever wrote:
July 23rd, 2023, 1:42 pm
It's going to hit a billion.
If it were to do that, which I’m not sure, it would be something to behold imo. Joker times I think. If it continues the way it is, Nolan and everyone involved will be doing more history and opening doors for risky films like that to be done and in big scale the way I see it.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
July 23rd, 2023, 1:52 pm
neb4ever wrote:
July 23rd, 2023, 1:42 pm
It's going to hit a billion.
If it were to do that, which I’m not sure, it would be something to behold imo. Joker times I think. If it continues the way it is, Nolan and everyone involved will be doing more history and opening doors for risky films like that to be done and in big scale the way I see it.
The ending, and the implications...might give the film a snowball effect. I've seen it twice, LieMAX first viewing, normal standard cinema 2nd viewing, then IMAX 70mm on the 2nd biggest IMAX screen in Europe on 3/8/23! I think lots of people are having multiple viewings.

MurphysSaw wrote:
July 23rd, 2023, 2:53 pm

The ending, and the implications...might give the film a snowball effect. I've seen it twice, LieMAX first viewing, normal standard cinema 2nd viewing, then IMAX 70mm on the 2nd biggest IMAX screen in Europe on 3/8/23! I think lots of people are having multiple viewings.
The ending has been on my mind ever since. I think he was correct when he said this could be something in vein of Inception's ending but I feel more like it’s haunting and as if it were me there. So, i can see what you are saying, I really hope you are right all the way through and it’s making people go watch it more! :) I guy behind me in the theater said he had seen it thrice already but he also mentioned Nolan is his favorite.

Seriously, what is going on with this movie. It's consistently selling out at the Indy IMAX. I thought about getting another ticket just in case I have time to watch it again while I'm there next weekend, and couldn't if I wanted to. They're all sold out except the handicapped seats :lol:

For real though, I think Warner Bros. helped this movie out so much lmao. Obviously it's Nolan too, but damn.

Barbenheimer did wonders for the marketing campaign. It's a shame it killed Mission: Impossible because we would have had three blockbusters deserving its money (even if Dead Reckoning was weaker than last couple of M:I movies). There's really no blockbuster in August so it probably would have been better for Cruise and Paramount to release the movie mid August.

Nicewatch wrote:
July 23rd, 2023, 1:31 pm
We beat the initial domestic tracking by 2x! :gonf: :gonf: :gonf:

Pretty cool that it's already pretty much guaranteed to make over $200 million domestic. That wasn't the case for Interstellar and Dunkirk, which had to fight hard to make it above $180 million. Universal has to be pretty damn happy. Anything above $200M domestic and $200M overseas would be icing on the cake for Universal.

zlazer wrote:
July 16th, 2023, 6:23 pm
The closer we get to a release the more I think this has a chance to hit the high 60s and if everything goes well and buzz picks up this could touch 70mil opening. With a 3 multiplier that is around 210 mil and a Nolan average of around 3.5 or so means it would hit 240 mil which would be absurd.

More realistic 60 mil and 185-190 mil domestic is my prediction.
So glad to be so right and yet be so wrong, and people thought my 400mil worldwide prediction was out there, this will do 650mil + worldwide.

ohh im so my happy for our boy, really this is a win for cinema !

You just know Nolan and Emma Thomas are fired up going into whatever project is next. The sky is the limit.