Hoyte van Hoytema's Cinematography

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
I'm sure there's also many cinematographers who've always wanted to shoot on 70mm IMAX, but never got the chance.

Also the few cinematographers who have shot on 70mm IMAX - Joe Willems (Hunger Games: Catching Fire), Dan Mindel (The Force Awakens) and most importantly LINUS SANDGREN (First Man, No Time to Die)....

Linus is one of the few cinematographers who has shot on 70mm IMAX and has a very unique style...can definitely see him working with Nolan.

Also certain DPs who have shot on regular 70mm like Robert Richardson...I can totally see them trying IMAX if given the chance with Nolan or any one else.

nisarshaikh wrote:
September 13th, 2023, 5:51 pm
I'm sure there's also many cinematographers who've always wanted to shoot on 70mm IMAX, but never got the chance.

Also the few cinematographers who have shot on 70mm IMAX - Joe Willems (Hunger Games: Catching Fire), Dan Mindel (The Force Awakens) and most importantly LINUS SANDGREN (First Man, No Time to Die)....

Linus is one of the few cinematographers who has shot on 70mm IMAX and has a very unique style...can definitely see him working with Nolan.

Also certain DPs who have shot on regular 70mm like Robert Richardson...I can totally see them trying IMAX if given the chance with Nolan or any one else.
i like Linus a lot, but i dont think he`s ever going to work with Nolan, if Hoyte wants to keep working with Chris, then he will continue to do so, its his engineering skills that set Hoyte appart from all the other DP`s in hollywood, Chris values that too much, appart form the collaborative relationship they have built, hell if Wally didnt retire i reckon they`d be still working toghether.

I think it's time for Nolan and Hoyte to part ways. Hoyte's new collaboration with Jordan Peele is great and I found NOPE to have better cinematography than OPPENHEIMER.

Retskrad wrote:
September 14th, 2023, 6:34 am
I think it's time for Nolan and Hoyte to part ways. Hoyte's new collaboration with Jordan Peele is great and I found NOPE to have better cinematography than OPPENHEIMER.
NOPE has the cinematography it needed for that story, Oppenheimer has the one it needs for its story, you find NOPE prettier, thats different.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
September 15th, 2023, 4:54 pm
Retskrad wrote:
NOPE has the cinematography it needed for that story, Oppenheimer has the one it needs for its story, you find NOPE prettier, thats different.
Just ignore him :roll:

Just got out of an IMAX 70mm screening in NYC. All of the theoretical quantum imagery interspersed with his story was absolutely brilliant. The colors in this film are astonishing.

Retskrad wrote:
I want Hoyte + Nolan's Bond films first. As well as their inevitable ancient historical epic action drama.