Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Innovator wrote:
December 11th, 2021, 5:17 pm
It's his most star-studded cast since The Dark Knight Rises.

But to me at least, Washington/Pattinson/Debicki had the best chemistry as far as leads go in a Nolan film. Their interactions felt natural and effortless.

But this one has the potential to be the best of the best. I'm still stoked that he's working with Blunt.
Interesting you think those three had chemistry. I felt that Pattinson did most of the heavy lifting in Tenet - though he did have the most flamboyant and mischievous role. However, Washington always felt a little muted. I think that was by design. Nonetheless, his chemistry with Debicki did not click for me....It just felt inert and sexless.

Also, I'm a little discouraged by the 'meh' response to Rami Malek. He's a seriously good actor. Okay, I'll concede that Little Things was a misfire, BoRap was overrated and he was far from a 'Hall of Fame' Bond villain. But.....Mr Robot is one helluva acting performance. That alone should excite folk.

A Borges man wrote:
December 12th, 2021, 11:51 pm
jonathantstorm wrote:
December 12th, 2021, 10:44 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
December 12th, 2021, 6:14 pm
Big fan of Pugh. Also really like Blunt. Murphy is cool.

Neutral feelings in regards to Safdie and Malek.

Don't really care about Damon and Downey.
Well I’m the opposite I tend to care more for the experienced legends rather than the flash in the pans so I care most for Damon and Downey jr and less for Florence Pugh and the rest. Pugh is actually very overrated. Hardly been in anything but as usual nowadays gets so much press and attention.
I think everyone in the cast has done legit work, even Malek (Short Term 12, Mr. Robot). Florence Pugh is most definitely not a "flash in the pan" or 'overrated'...'Little Drummer Girl', 'Little Women', Lady Macbeth', 'fighting with my family'...you should have more respect for someone who is this good at such a young age and has already amassed quite the filmography.
She's good don't get me wrong but I'm sick of the disrespect shown towards experienced actors nowadays who already have 20 plus years of acting experience behind them and people seem to forget cos they have short memories nowadays. I like Florence and think she's very talented don't get me wrong but I think as usual a lot of these young actresses get overexposed and overpraised way bit too early for my liking. I mean I suppose I much rather her than say someone like Jennifer Lawrence who is just so damn overexposed and overrated as hell so that's a plus.

LuciusNightmare wrote:
December 13th, 2021, 2:22 pm

It just felt inert and sexless.
So like pretty much all the other romantic relationships he's written.

Innovator wrote:
December 11th, 2021, 5:17 pm
It's his most star-studded cast since The Dark Knight Rises.

But to me at least, Washington/Pattinson/Debicki had the best chemistry as far as leads go in a Nolan film. Their interactions felt natural and effortless.

But this one has the potential to be the best of the best. I'm still stoked that he's working with Blunt.
Totally agree, I always loved the cast of Tenet, it was probably one of the freshest and most unpredictable of his entire cast, and there was this chemistry and charisma that was unique to each of them that fed off each other, and it came through in the way they carried their characters to perfection.

Master Virgo wrote:
December 13th, 2021, 4:42 pm
LuciusNightmare wrote:
December 13th, 2021, 2:22 pm

It just felt inert and sexless.
So like pretty much all the other romantic relationships he's written.
Still disappointed Murph and Tom didn't hook up?

Insomniac wrote:
December 13th, 2021, 6:12 pm

Still disappointed Murph and Tom didn't hook up?
Got you that triggered huh?

I'm so glad to find out incest is still a topic of interest on this forum

intercesting developments...

well as a Nolan fan you should remember, the closest thing to a sex scene we`ve ever gotten from him is in TDKR, and its just bruce and talia laying in bed embracing each other, so dont expect much explicit sexuality from his work, plus i must confess i rarely find sex scenes in non romantic movies necessary or tasteful (with notorious exceptions off course, rob pattison jacking off furiously in the lighthouse is something i`ll never forget...)