Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Allstar wrote:
October 10th, 2021, 7:40 pm
Bacon wrote:
October 10th, 2021, 3:46 pm
CASE wrote:
October 9th, 2021, 5:06 am
You can laugh but I can picture Hardy as... Einstein who has a part in the story of atomic bomb, I mean his letter to Roosevelt. But it would be a small part though.

Tom has a good stache for it.
I actually had this same thought.
Einstein is like 66 during the peak of this story, seems like a bad idea.
Didn't realize it was that late in his career. My timelines are messed up lmao

Bacon wrote:
October 11th, 2021, 5:12 pm
Didn't realize it was that late in his career. My timelines are messed up lmao
A true Nolan fan

Allstar wrote:
October 11th, 2021, 5:10 pm
Ruth wrote:
October 11th, 2021, 4:00 pm
The 80% bit was a joke but i'm not surprised by the responses
Are you not happy with the Cillian casting? I understand wanting new people to work with Nolan but Cillian imo really deserves this chance to lead one of his films. It’s long overdue. I’m looking forward to some first time Nolan collaborators in the supporting cast.
Very happy about Cillian being in this actually!

Not that I would know who they could play nor that I would necessarily put them in my dream cast, but I could see Robert Pattinson reuniting with Nolan and I could also see Greta Gerwig being cast. Essentially this is due to Nolan's prior working relationship with Pattinson and Gerwig seems to have the same film-making process as Nolan so I could see them having a compatible mentality.

Greta Gerwig in a Nolan film, idk sounds weird to me

Ruth wrote:
October 11th, 2021, 11:17 am
Nomis wrote:
October 11th, 2021, 11:05 am
wait

waitwaitwait

CHALAMET REUNITED WITH NOLAN????

I wish

Them collaborating again is only a matter of time anyway. Chalamet is definitely going to lead one of Chris' new movies.
Which role do you think would suit him better - Fat Man or Little Boy?
At first I'd say Little Boy but I think he can go full Christian Bale and go for Fat Man. I'm sure it's going to be absolutely bombingly spectacular.

I don't know about you guys, but since Dunkirk that it seems to me that Nolan is trying to bring not so known actors to his films, or support actors to bigger rolls. Maybe because he doesn't want the audience to see the same faces on larger rolls because it reminds them from "the guy from the other movie".

Dunkirk mostly had unknown actors to play the bigger parts. And all the best actors were there as support and even being the best, they are not the "face that brings people to the cinema" like DiCaprio in Inception for instance.

For Tenet he brought a John David, which is not the guy you look at and think that you have to go the the movies to see him. Nolan's name is enough for it now, so he can cast whoever he wants.

like Cillian as a lead in this movie.. Yes, he's good and he is known, but it's not usually the face of any movie, where they promote the movie because of an actor.. Except maybe peaky blinders, but even so. So I guess the other actors will be good but not the big big names..

I think we can rule out Caine for this one.

I knew it, I felt it!

This is truly the era of changes for Nolan, no doubt about it, the end of three things for him:

The Nolan/Warner era
The Nolan/Zimmer era
The Nolan/Caine era

The "goodbye Sir Michael" in Tenet definitely felt a little on the nose...