Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Pit180 wrote:
September 15th, 2021, 4:28 am
Demoph wrote:
September 15th, 2021, 4:02 am
Pattinson is doing a Claire Denis film currently. When was the last time Di Caprio took part in an indie film ?
Pattinson has dropped from Denis' new film because of The Batman's shooting schedule and he has been replaced by Taron Egerton. Not sure if he has any other movies lined up though.
that sucks

Allstar wrote:
September 14th, 2021, 9:03 pm
What does J.Edgar a movie directed by Clint Eastwood have to do with this? Yes they’re both biopics but will likely be nothing alike. DiCaprio also did The Aviator to great success. It’s about the director, not the type of movie.

I know Pattinson doesn’t compare to DiCaprio as a movie star, duh lol. But it’s time to stop acting like Pattinson is an underexposed up and comer at this point, like I said he’s playing freaking Batman coming out soon. That said I am in no way against Pattinson being involved in this if that’s who Nolan wants.

I don’t even think DiCaprio will do this even if he’s offered since he just shot two movies back to back and prob wants a break, I just think Bacon’s reason for not wanting him is lame as hell especially considering he’s been in 1 movie since 2015.
If he's offered a good role, he'd do it. He'd have at least 3 months off given that Flower Moon is wrapping very soon. But anyway, Nolan never seems to cast who we think he will (besides Cillian/Hardy/Caine/Bale and to a lesser degree Branagh). Like after Nolan's love of La La Land and First Man (and allegedly Blade Runner 2049), you'd have sworn Gosling would appear in a Nolan movie in the next 5 years, but apparently Gosling is doing The Actor with Duke Johnson starting in January, which probably excludes him from the possibility of a role in this.

Tourmie wrote:
September 15th, 2021, 7:02 pm
Allstar wrote:
September 14th, 2021, 9:03 pm
What does J.Edgar a movie directed by Clint Eastwood have to do with this? Yes they’re both biopics but will likely be nothing alike. DiCaprio also did The Aviator to great success. It’s about the director, not the type of movie.

I know Pattinson doesn’t compare to DiCaprio as a movie star, duh lol. But it’s time to stop acting like Pattinson is an underexposed up and comer at this point, like I said he’s playing freaking Batman coming out soon. That said I am in no way against Pattinson being involved in this if that’s who Nolan wants.

I don’t even think DiCaprio will do this even if he’s offered since he just shot two movies back to back and prob wants a break, I just think Bacon’s reason for not wanting him is lame as hell especially considering he’s been in 1 movie since 2015.
If he's offered a good role, he'd do it. He'd have at least 3 months off given that Flower Moon is wrapping very soon. But anyway, Nolan never seems to cast who we think he will (besides Cillian/Hardy/Caine/Bale and to a lesser degree Branagh). Like after Nolan's love of La La Land and First Man (and allegedly Blade Runner 2049), you'd have sworn Gosling would appear in a Nolan movie in the next 5 years, but apparently Gosling is doing The Actor with Duke Johnson starting in January, which probably excludes him from the possibility of a role in this.
It'll happen, and I can't wait to this day to come.

KEM
Nolan likes La La Land? Never would’ve expected that, where’s the source cause I have a very hard time believing that lol

KEM wrote:
September 15th, 2021, 7:28 pm
Nolan likes La La Land? Never would’ve expected that, where’s the source cause I have a very hard time believing that lol
Why would he not? And why is it hard to believe that? La La Land is one of the best films of the 2010s, and Damien Chazelle is one of the most exciting young filmmakers currently working.

And because it's so outlandish that you need a source, here it is. He saw the film three times in theaters:
https://www.slashfilm.com/552161/christ ... a-la-land/

KEM
Bacon wrote:
September 15th, 2021, 7:35 pm
KEM wrote:
Why would he not? And why is it hard to believe that? La La Land is one of the best films of the 2010s, and Damien Chazelle is one of the most exciting young filmmakers currently working.

And because it's so outlandish that you need a source, here it is. He saw the film three times in theaters:
I just personally HATE musicals, like with a passion, I think they’re the worst thing in cinema and I’ve never seen a musical that I didn’t absolutely hate. But regardless of that I just find it hard to believe that Nolan would like musicals either given the tone of his films

Bacon wrote:
September 15th, 2021, 7:35 pm
KEM wrote:

Can you ever relax? He just asked a question.

Musical is one of the greatest cinematic genre. It plays on all the artistic possibility of cinema, so it only makes sense that Nolan loves the genre.

I'm pretty confused about this movie being 'VFX-heavy'. The way it has been highlighted in the news, it's unlikely that they are referring to VFX being used for the set pieces in the movie (or special effects as the media often interchange these two terms inaccurately). I mean every war movie uses VFX or special effects to some extent. It's not a big deal. Using VFX or special effects for set pieces should not make the movie stand out as 'VFX-heavy' unless it is something new or revolutionary. Maybe this is just a rumor. But one possibility has just been popped into my head. What if, Nolan is planning to cast an aged actor of his choice for the lead role and will use de-aging technology for a considerable portion of the movie as Scorsese did in The Irishman. That will certainly increase the production budget. Maybe Cillian Murphy has been approached for a supporting role.

You guys don't get it.

It's gonna be a Dreamwork's animation.